GPU Bottlenecking

hello i have a ZORAC Nivdia GTX 970 4GB with a Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.5GHz 8GB of ram and i dont seem to be getting all that great fps in games am i bottlenecked?? Plz Help Thx

post-236103-0-06295900-1434431600.png

Yeah, with that CPU lol. Might also need to upgrade your motherboard to upgrade your CPU.

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

THE BOTTLENECK IS REAL BRO

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

With any new chip out there, your PC will Go faster.

HOWEVER,

OVERCLOCK THAT CPU!

You will still be bottlenecked but like for my GTX 660 and Q6600, I gained nearly double the Framerate.  I doubt you will get the same increase but it's worth a try.

Not sure if you didn't know already but, with 1.31 Volts you should be capable of getting 3.2+ Ghz if you have adequate cooling.

Also, assuming that your motherboard uses PCI-E 1.0 like mine did, that too is a bottleneck.

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.