BMR Calculator - My first SWING Application

Tazman192

Hi.

Figured I'd like to contribute something to my portfolio this Summer. As a CS student, the only applications I've developed are ones that were assigned as coursework and nothing that I actually found any use for myself.

I decided I'd develop a BMR/TDEE Calculator which is fully customizable by the user. I'll also allow the user to save logs of his/her calculations to help them reach their desired goal.

Although this application is simple in principle (I've already got a command-line application fully working which ensures the user enters correct input, or else warnings are thrown), the tricky part is choosing LayoutManagers and getting a nice looking layout going on. As this is my first time developing a swing application, I'm doing alot of experimenting with different layout managers trying to find the best one for this project.

https://github.com/F-Tahir/BMRCalculator/ a link to my GitHub for anyone interested in following this mini project. I know you can find a shit ton of these calculators online but I'm not very original and I think this is a good starting project. The readme file contains some screenshots of what the interface currently looks like, and I'll aim to update this.

Let me know what you guys think. Any suggestions to make it more useful?

"The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be."

CPU: Intel i5 4690K - Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Ranger - RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP - 2x4GB @ 1866Mhz - GPU: MSI Twin Frozr GTX 770 4GB - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 CPU Cooler - PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750W - Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD- Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Windowed (with Red AKASA Led Strips) - Display: Benq GL2460HM 24" Monitor

Hi.

Figured I'd like to contribute something to my portfolio this Summer. As a CS student, the only applications I've developed are ones that were assigned as coursework and nothing that I actually found any use for myself.

I decided I'd develop a BMR/TDEE Calculator which is fully customizable by the user. I'll also allow the user to save logs of his/her calculations to help them reach their desired goal.

Although this application is simple in principle (I've already got a command-line application fully working which ensures the user enters correct input, or else warnings are thrown), the tricky part is choosing LayoutManagers and getting a nice looking layout going on. As this is my first time developing a swing application, I'm doing alot of experimenting with different layout managers trying to find the best one for this project.

https://github.com/F-Tahir/BMRCalculator/ a link to my GitHub for anyone interested in following this mini project. I know you can find a shit ton of these calculators online but I'm not very original and I think this is a good starting project. The readme file contains some screenshots of what the interface currently looks like, and I'll aim to update this.

Let me know what you guys think. Any suggestions to make it more useful?

Cool man. I really have no use for BMR calculator so I don't have any suggestions.