Looking for 64GB Disk on key

nodim666

Hey 

Im looking for a 64gb usb flash drive.

something that will have good speeds in both read and write

something that could fit with my car keys

if possible something with LED indicator or something like that...

Tiny / small because its going to be in my pocket alot

reliable and durable

something not too much expansive.

thanks!

Fractal Design Define R5~ Asus Maximus VII HERO~ i7-4790k@ 4.7 GHz. ~ GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming ~ 16 GB Kingston HyperX 2400 HZ. ~ Samsung 850EVO 1TB SSD ~ Asus CD/DVD reader/writer ~ Coolermaster V Series 1000W~ Noctua NH-D15+ Noctua NH-A14 FLX x3-   BenQ's XL2420G Monitor  - Steelseries APEX M800 / Zowie EC2-A / Zowie G-SR

Hey

reliable and durable

thanks!

budget and location

budget and location

Israel,50-60USD?

What does not too expensive mean?

50,60USD?

Fractal Design Define R5~ Asus Maximus VII HERO~ i7-4790k@ 4.7 GHz. ~ GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming ~ 16 GB Kingston HyperX 2400 HZ. ~ Samsung 850EVO 1TB SSD ~ Asus CD/DVD reader/writer ~ Coolermaster V Series 1000W~ Noctua NH-D15+ Noctua NH-A14 FLX x3-   BenQ's XL2420G Monitor  - Steelseries APEX M800 / Zowie EC2-A / Zowie G-SR

Any1?

I always carry around one of these on my keychain. 130+ MB/s read, 35-ish MB/s write

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PNY-64GB-USB-3-0-High-Speed-Metal-Hook-64GB-/111678699391?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1a0091b77f

Can you find that model on amazom maybe?i want to read reviews about it

No reviews on Amazon, only of a fake USB2.0 version.

I can do a thorough test of mine if you want, so you can see the performance figures and the actual size. I think I bought mine from the Ebay seller I linked to

No reviews on Amazon, only of a fake USB2.0 version.

I can do a thorough test of mine if you want, so you can see the performance figures and the actual size. I think I bought mine from the Ebay seller I linked to

Is it worth the price tag?

Hey 

reliable and durable

thanks!

Sandisk Extreme 64GB.  (link).

It's going to give you nearly the fastest speeds you can find on USB 3.0 drive,  have high reliability, and has a decent price for the performance & capacity.  This is the one drive you want when looking for USB 3.0 flash drives.71Njs4pLTZL._SL1500_.jpg

SSD vs HDD Direct Comparison - Identical Drive Images | SSD Boots Windows 7 + Load 27 Apps in 1 Minute | 17 Second Boot - POST to Desktop
Razer Blade 14 (2015) | Core i7-4720HQ | 8GB RAM | GeForce 970M | 500GB M.2 SSD | 14.1" 1920x1080 Display | 4.19 lbs

Sandisk Extreme 64GB.  (link).

It's going to give you nearly the fastest speeds you can find on USB 3.0 drive,  have high reliability, and has a decent price for the performance & capacity.  This is the one drive you want when looking for USB 3.0 flash drives.71Njs4pLTZL._SL1500_.jpg

Hey m8 i got this DOK today

but i think  i got the older version

i just came back from the store and i forgot to check the version

i can take it back and ask for a refund

tell me if  this model is also good >

SDCZ80-064G-G46

i can picture the back of it if you want...

if this is the dok you talked about i will open it and start use it : ) 

thanks again

also i have an idea id like your help with.

is it possible to make this USB boot able with Hirens and Windows 7 installation 

and also use it as Backup for my needs like photos etc...?

1)  Yes, that's the correct model (SDCZ80-064G-G46).  Tear that sucker open, and start using it!

2)  Technically, it is possible to run Windows off of a USB flash drive with Windows 8 (link to instruction guide).  However, I wouldn't recommend it for daily / general use.  This is really intended for people who need a portable version of Windows to carry between multiple computers, instead of single-computer users looking for speed.  

USB 3.0 flash drive speeds typically show sequential read/write speeds.  Unfortunately, sequential data patterns only make up about 5% of the usage when dealing with running an OS or applications.  The remaining 95% of data access patterns are random read/write speeds.  And USB 3.0 flash drives do not have fantastic performance when it comes to random read/writes.  You're going to want a true SSD if you're looking for speed here.

Furthermore, USB flash drives have significantly poorer reliability than SSDs or mechanical HDDs.  They were not designed to be constantly hit with read/writes.  So it's not uncommon for a USB flash drive to heat up quickly (and maintain that high temperature) when you're constantly read/writing to it.  And subjecting a USB flash drive to high temperatures over long periods of time is the best way to kill a USB flash drive.

SSD vs HDD Direct Comparison - Identical Drive Images | SSD Boots Windows 7 + Load 27 Apps in 1 Minute | 17 Second Boot - POST to Desktop
Razer Blade 14 (2015) | Core i7-4720HQ | 8GB RAM | GeForce 970M | 500GB M.2 SSD | 14.1" 1920x1080 Display | 4.19 lbs

1) Yes, that's the correct model (SDCZ80-064G-G46). Tear that sucker open, and start using it!

2) Technically, it is possible to run Windows off of a USB flash drive with Windows 8 (link to instruction guide). However, I wouldn't recommend it for daily / general use. This is really intended for people who need a portable version of Windows to carry between multiple computers, instead of single-computer users looking for speed.

USB 3.0 flash drive speeds typically show sequential read/write speeds. Unfortunately, sequential data patterns only make up about 5% of the usage when dealing with running an OS or applications. The remaining 95% of data access patterns are random read/write speeds. And USB 3.0 flash drives do not have fantastic performance when it comes to random read/writes. You're going to want a true SSD if you're looking for speed here.

Furthermore, USB flash drives have significantly poorer reliability than SSDs or mechanical HDDs. They were not designed to be constantly hit with read/writes. So it's not uncommon for a USB flash drive to heat up quickly (and maintain that high temperature) when you're constantly read/writing to it. And subjecting a USB flash drive to high temperatures over long periods of time is the best way to kill a USB flash drive.

Thanks m8!!!

Time to use that sucker :D