Headset for gaming

justinpowers

Can't decide on a headset. I shall be using it for gaming and some videos now and then, do any of you have suggestions? (I don't want to spend too much and the looks don't really matter)[emoji3]

HyperX Cloud.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I would go for the HyperX Cloud

HyperX Cloud.

I would go for the HyperX Cloud

The HyperX Cloud is the best gaming headset if you feel too lazy to save a few dollars and get an actual pair of headphones with a mod mic.

Currently roaming the forums in boredom

I like mice and keyboards and the sort

Formerly TheFlurryGames

Can't decide on a headset. I shall be using it for gaming and some videos now and then, do any of you have suggestions? (I don't want to spend too much and the looks don't really matter)[emoji3]

superlux hd681 is the thing

I know nothing, i am just addicted to cs go (proof: http://steamcommunity.com/id/schn3tz4t0r)and wanna tell some stupid shit.

I would go for the steelseries 9H but the hyperx cloud are also very good...

I would go for the steelseries 9H but the hyperx cloud are also very good...

I just looked it up on Google, and the 9H seems alright, but the HyperX Cloud would be better than it, and a Headphone+Mod mic would be even better (naturally).

Formerly TheFlurryGames

I just looked it up on Google, and the 9H seems alright, but the HyperX Cloud would be better than it, and a Headphone+Mod mic would be even better (naturally).

There is no doubt that a headset+mod mic is the best solution... But a budget solution is a gaming headset... Both hyperx cloud and steelseries 9H are very good at their price range... I just like the 9H more due to the professional style, the great software and the retractable mic.....

Thank you all for the advice, are we all thinking I should go with the hyperx cloud?[emoji108]

Thank you all for the advice, are we all thinking I should go with the hyperx cloud?[emoji108]

That's what I would do!  You could look into the HyperX Cloud or Cloud II!

Formerly TheFlurryGames

That's what I would do! You could look into the HyperX Cloud or Cloud II!

Thanks pal! Have you guys ever considered buying products from the Genius GX Gaming series?

Thanks pal! Have you guys ever considered buying products from the Genius GX Gaming series?

Never heard of them. And no, not really anyway (I've been using dedicated headphones and mics for a long while now though, so there's that...) Anyway, at the ~$100 price point there isn't much better than the hyperx cloud. Even dedicated headphones and a modmic will have trouble competing at that price, since the modmic takes up $40 by itself. 

Just looked up the Genius Gaming series of headsets. Other than looks, they have nothing going for them. I'm sure that the bass will be nice and bloated, etc. I wouldn't buy them... Unless you like the way they look, and you're more into looks than just about anything else. 

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Never heard of them. And no, not really anyway (I've been using dedicated headphones and mics for a long while now though, so there's that...) Anyway, at the ~$100 price point there isn't much better than the hyperx cloud. Even dedicated headphones and a modmic will have trouble competing at that price, since the modmic takes up $40 by itself. 

Just looked up the Genius Gaming series of headsets. Other than looks, they have nothing going for them. I'm sure that the bass will be nice and bloated, etc. I wouldn't buy them... Unless you like the way they look, and you're more into looks than just about anything else. 

A headphone + modmic combo will beat a gaming headset no matter what it is.  Although it's more expensive, you're getting way more performance.

Formerly TheFlurryGames