Surface RT Xbox controller support

So for those of us in the loop we all know the surface with rt is going badly with sales millions of unsold stock but heres the thing the surface has out of the box wired Xbox 360 controller support now heres the question if microsoft made more of a deal about this would it of sold as badly quite a few games in the windows store support the controller. eg Snes8x 

​so is this somethingthat should be made a deal about or is it just a gimmick  ?

I would rather spend on a surface pro so I can use the controller for retro games

With the applications of offer for a surface RT i doubt it would make any difference controller support is nice enough but lets be honest for far less money there are far better options and fiddling to get a controller set up is not really a massive problem

i know its not a big problem setting up controller but some people i know hate it but there are better options 

I would rather spend on a surface pro so I can use the controller for retro games

I would but i dont have the money for the pro and it does not have a long battery life not that i would buy an RT 

i know its not a big problem setting up controller but some people i know hate it but there are better options 

I would but i dont have the money for the pro and it does not have a long battery life not that i would buy an RT

I'm waiting to see if they refresh the pro with Haswell. The current pro isn't too bad on battery as its near ultrabooks of the same CPU generation. If they do a Haswell refresh and fix the issues of the current surface with 8.1 then I'll strongly consider getting it

i have a pro (which i consider my laptop) and if you change some of the power management options you can squeeze an extra hour of battery without losing much performance.

As for the RT, the main reason it is failing is the app market. It just sucks. There is not official facebook, youtube, google maps, and many other popular apps. Then there is the lack of games. The iPad did so well because there are so many great games, I can't find any on my surface. The only ones there are those that are old like Jetpack Joyride and Cut the Rope. When the Surface project was announced i said it looks like a great piece of hardware but in order for it to have success, we will need an app market. So far I think I am right.

BTW, the xbox controller + snes8x rocks! At this point, Microsoft should definitely advertise it. THey need whatever marketing idea they can to sell the product.

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

i have a pro (which i consider my laptop) and if you change some of the power management options you can squeeze an extra hour of battery without losing much performance.

As for the RT, the main reason it is failing is the app market. It just sucks. There is not official facebook, youtube, google maps, and many other popular apps. Then there is the lack of games. The iPad did so well because there are so many great games, I can't find any on my surface. The only ones there are those that are old like Jetpack Joyride and Cut the Rope. When the Surface project was announced i said it looks like a great piece of hardware but in order for it to have success, we will need an app market. So far I think I am right.

BTW, the xbox controller + snes8x rocks! At this point, Microsoft should definitely advertise it. THey need whatever marketing idea they can to sell the product.

that is good to know about the battery should be better if it had a haswell refresh then and we would be talking about almost all day (for college battery life ) 

you are right about the app market it isnt there 

they really do i dont know why they dont push it more 

that is good to know about the battery should be better if it had a haswell refresh then and we would be talking about almost all day (for college battery life ) 

i kinda don't want a haswell refresh (even though it would be really good) because then my Surface Pro will be the older gen :( haha

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

i kinda don't want a haswell refresh (even though it would be really good) because then my Surface Pro will be the older gen :( haha

its something we all have to accept that our tech will be out of date with in a year or two 

I know this topic is dead but, If Microsoft is going to be making a second Gen of the Surface I think they should include the wireless receiver for the Xbox One controller so that those new ones could automatically sync without the dongle. That way MS could really market it as integrated. I think all win8 Os devices have the built in controller drivers so it really isn't a Surface exclusive feature.

Delltopia

That would be good if they did that but knowing microsoft they wont do something so obvious