Need Help

gamerxxl12

What software should I be using for Anti-virus (Right now I'm using Norton 360)? And should I use another software like Malwarebytes or Ccleaner?

Any recommendations?

CPUi5 4670K Cooler: ThermalTake Frio MoBo: Asus Maximus VI Hero RamRed Corsair Vengeance Pro 8 Gb 1866Mhz GPU: Asus GTX 760 Direct CUII CaseEnermax Red Ostrog GT Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 120 Gb, HDD- 500 GB Seagate PSUSeasonic X660 (80+ Gold Certified)

AVG is a great free program, apparently even outclassing subscription-based utilities as well.

What software should I be using for Anti-virus (Right now I'm using Norton 360)? And should I use another software like Malwarebytes or Ccleaner?

Any recommendations?

Malware Bytes is great, Been using it for 6 months and no viruses so far

i9 25.6 GHz with NeuronThreading, 256gb 6000 MHz RAM, GTX 990 OC 3024MHz 12gb, Skeletal X99 motherboard, 1 Petabyte SSD, Fractal Design Humaniod R1 Case, Herbivore 10,000W PSU, Noctua NF16 LP Derma Cooler.

Probably the only Star Citizen player who is planning on a career in Journalism instead of piracy, mining, trading, exploration, military, station management, etc.

Generation 0: The first time you see this add 1 to the number and copy it into your sig. Consider it a social experiment.

(Right now I'm using Norton 360)

God help you. That is going to be fun to get rid of. I recommend a fresh install of windows if it's not too much hassle (if you have a backup or don't have many docs to backup. Probably is the easiest way to 100% get rid of Norton. Norton may be fine but I believe it slows your computer down a lot and is really intrusive. That's the one thing that annoys me with most anti virus software. Thats why I always say to use Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE). It never has any pop ups telling me to update or do this, it just stays quite and does it's job. MSE with Windows Defender is the best way to go. I use it to protect my PC but if I want to scan for a virus I will run Malwarebytes (free version) as well. I haven't had a virus for a long time. I do use torrents every now and again so I am sure I am getting hit by viruses but they very very rarely get through. 

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

I use CCleaner for preventative maintenance on a weekly basis. I use Malwarbytes if I ever (haven't since 2005) get a virus. I use it frequently on other peoples machines though and it works wonders. Currently I don't use an Anti-Virus software, haven't had a problem for a year since dropping it, the only thing they ever did for me was catch false positives which were more of a hassle than anything else. For record I was using Avast, and liked it, but have noticed with my computing habits its unnecessary. 

Thats why I always say to use Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE).

This isn't the most secure though. Is there any other Anti-Virus that is as secure as Norton but doesn't slow down my computer?

CPUi5 4670K Cooler: ThermalTake Frio MoBo: Asus Maximus VI Hero RamRed Corsair Vengeance Pro 8 Gb 1866Mhz GPU: Asus GTX 760 Direct CUII CaseEnermax Red Ostrog GT Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 120 Gb, HDD- 500 GB Seagate PSUSeasonic X660 (80+ Gold Certified)

I did some research and it seems like I'm going to go with WebRoot for my antivirus.

This isn't the most secure though. Is there any other Anti-Virus that is as secure as Norton but doesn't slow down my computer?

I can't speak for the tests conducted. All I can say is I would be on some dodgy websites the odd time. I can't remember the last time I did get a virus. That is good enough for me.

Let us know how WebRoots works for you. How intrusive is it etc.

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

I can't speak for the tests conducted. All I can say is I would be on some dodgy websites the odd time. I can't remember the last time I did get a virus. That is good enough for me.

I know what you are saying, if I'm one one of those websites I always have Ad block on so I can see what the website actually is, so that helps me not get a virus.