New laptop shopping. Decisions, decisions...

Okay, so I am looking to get a new laptop towards the end of the year. I'm currently using a Lenovo u410 with 8gb of RAM, Nvidia GeForce 610M, and a 1366 x 768 display (I know, it's rough sometimes.) It's been fine so far for being a student, but I don't have anytime to play my games on my tower because I am always on the go. I am also getting into photography, so I need some more decent power and a MUCH better screen to edit with. Does anybody have any suggestions for me? I know a Macbook Pro has the technical specs, but I am looking for something to game on as well.

I am looking for a laptop that has at least a 1080p display, 16gb RAM, and a decent video card. It also has to be slim and light and have port on it (USB, SD, HDMI) I have been looking, but I can't seem to find anything. I also want to keep it under 15 inches, 13 would be ideal but I can settle for 15. Any help would be appreciated.

Budget?Also, where are you buying it?

If you want an ultraportable then I'd suggest an Asus UX303LN for ~$1100. (would get the 1080p version, the 4k one has the yellow problem)

Otherwise, MSI GS60 or Lenovo Y50 (again, wouldn't suggest the 4k version, and if you go with 1080p you ought to get the updated 2015 model).

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

It could be flexible. I'm not opposed to financing a machine, but just give me some suggestions and I will determine from there what is too expensive. 

I have to say no to the Razer Blade. It doesn't have an SD card slot. Does anybody have any 13 or 14 inch suggestions?

I have to say no to the Razer Blade. It doesn't have an SD card slot. Does anybody have any 13 or 14 inch suggestions?

If it has everything else but not an sd port then you should get it. Just buy and sd card usb dongle for like $15.

CPU: i5 4670k GPU: GTX 770 Mobo: Z87-UD3H RAM: 8Gb Ripjaws Case: Corsair 200R PSU: Corsair RM750

That's the general idea. Would you know of any 13 or 14 inch models? Portability is a big concern for me, so I don't want to be carrying a 7 lb notebook in my bag. 

If it has everything else but not an sd port then you should get it. Just buy and sd card usb dongle for like $15.

True, but for $2300 it should have one. 

That's the general idea. Would you know of any 13 or 14 inch models? Portability is a big concern for me, so I don't want to be carrying a 7 lb notebook in my bag. 

It's fairly small, not 7lb lol. You can carry it with one arm.

It's fairly small, not 7lb lol. You can carry it with one arm.

I know it wouldn't be that heavy. I know there are other machines that a very heavy though. 

i believe the MSI GS30 is a 13" model. tough it comes with a rather 'exotic' graphics solution :P

That graphics solution is intense. The GS30 by itself is a very good option though. I will definitely consider it.