Overkill Gaming HTPC

DrOne21

This is my first post and I thought I share the Gaming HTPC build I just did.  I wanted to do something like this for a while and I finally had the time (and money) to build it.  I wanted a great (overkill) Gaming HTPC that could run anything I threw at it at >60fps at 1080p. So far it has done its job. 

Components:

Case: SilverStone FTZ01S Silver Aluminum

Case Fans: 3x Noctua NF-F12

PSU: SILVERSTONE SX500-LG 500W

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K Devil’s Canyon

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-L9i

MB: ASUS Z97I-PLUS

GPU: PNY Reference GTX 980 Ti

Memory: CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 2400

SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 512GB

Since it is an HTPC it is hooked up to an HDTV, if anyone is interested I am currently using a Vizio M322i-B1 HDTV. 

I’m quite happy with my build, the case build quality is excellent and it is tight but everything fits pretty good and the GTX 980 Ti is a beast.

One thing I was worried with the lack of airflow in the case were the temps I would get, I did a bit of overclocking on the CPU and the GPU.  The CPU right now is running at 4.4 Ghz and it stays at about 39-40 C idle, while on the GPU I increased the Base Clock to +250 and the Memory Clock to +500 and the temps roams at about 34 C when idle.  I have yet to check the temps when in load.  

I’m looking for some feedback on the components and the temps I'm getting, if there’s something I should have done different, if this is a waste of money, whatever you guys think.

Thanks, I’ll post some pics later.

You could have gone with an i5 for the same performance.

If it's in a cabinet make sure their is ample airflow going to it.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha