NH-D14 / Dark Rock pro 2

nicholaswillems

Hello there,

This week I'll be ordering my parts, and as cooler I had planned on taking the Silver arrow sb-e extreme.

Now I'm checking out some reviews etc. And since I'm planning to put ly computer quite close to me on my desk, it might not be the greatest idea to take the silver arrow since it seems to make a low of noise.

I need to make a decision between 2 quiet coolers now, between the NH-D14 and the dark rock pro2.

I'll have a windowed case so it would aesthetically seen be good to take the dark rock pro 2, but it its performance lower or better than the nh-d14? The shop where I'll buy has priced them very similarly, with the dark rock pro 2 being only 2 euros more than the noctua.

Thanks!

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

I have the Dark Rock Pro 1, my friend has the NH-D14, and there is only a few degrees between us at the same clocks, (2500K @4.5).

Personally I'll take the Pro as I prefer the looks. Although, make sure you have someone with you to help install the Pro as my god, its a right bitch to install on your own.

The answer is 42.
Oh, wait, you mean to tell me you need to know the question now?
Well, I can't answer that.

There's also the Phanteks PH-TC14PE,you can buy it in different colors so it's more aesthetically pleasing and it performs on par with the NH-D14.

phanteks-ph-tc14pe-cpu-cooler.jpg

ph_tc14peb.jpg

phanteks_phtc14pe_orange.jpg

PHTC14PE_close2_small.jpg

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

There's also the Phanteks PH-TC14PE,you can buy it in different colors so it's more aesthetically pleasing and it performs on par with the NH-D14.

They are 20 euros more than the nh-d14, though...

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

They are 20 euros more than the nh-d14, though...

wasn't sure about Antwerp pricing,here the costs are more or less the same.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

wasn't sure about Antwerp pricing,here the costs are more or less the same.

I can't even find them in Antwerp regions but the shop I'm using is from the netherlands, since it has literally hundreds of euros difference when buying from there :D

Anyways I'll go with the Dark Rock pro 2 and ask my dad to hold it while I install it :p

Anyways I'll go with the Dark Rock pro 2 and ask my dad to hold it while I install it :P

Good plan, although it might have just been me rushing on a Christmas morning  :D, although 3 of us struggled to install the Advanced...we were half drunk mind you..  ^_^

The answer is 42.
Oh, wait, you mean to tell me you need to know the question now?
Well, I can't answer that.