NZXT G10 Compatibility

Go to solution Solved by Enderman,

But will it work on MSI's? and i know i need a liquid cooler

yes it would work

I am planning to build a new pc and am trying to pick a Graphics card around my buget of $100-250 USD (for a gpu) and am thinking about buying the MSI gtx 960 but saw that the G10 is only $30 and can give me better performance. Will the G10 be compatible with MSI's 960, or do i have the get NVIDIA's normal design version?(can't remember the name sorry) Thanks

the G10 works on the 960

but you need a liquid cooler too, not just the bracket

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

the G10 works on the 960

but you need a liquid cooler too, not just the bracket

A 960? If you want the 4gb version go for a 280x or 290, if it's just the 2gbs version stick with it. But yes it will work but like Enderman need a liquid cooler.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

yes it would work

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I am planning to build a new pc and am trying to pick a Graphics card around my buget of $100-250 USD (for a gpu) and am thinking about buying the MSI gtx 960 but saw that the G10 is only $30 and can give me better performance. Will the G10 be compatible with MSI's 960, or do i have the get NVIDIA's normal design version?(can't remember the name sorry) Thanks

The G10 will work with a 960, but a 960 is not really the kind of card you do the G10 mod to.  Also, the G10 costs more than just the bracket alone.  You will still need an AIO, which costs $50+.  If you have an additional $80+ to spend, you should be looking at a higher end GPU, not watercooling a mid tier GPU.

Look into an R9 290 or GTX 970.  OR, if you aren't afraid of used GPUs the market is flush with perfectly good used GTX 780s($200-$225), R9 290[X]($200-$250), GTX 970($250-$275).

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."