Pc keeps switching off

JaxteR

My friend is having issues with his pc in the fact of for no reason it switches off randomly. Every once in a while it will just switch off. He thought it was an issue with his psu and so he has replaced it and so far it seems to have worked. But he is also having an issue with skype where everytime he calls someone or someone calls him he can answer but it then freezes his whole computer entirely and has to reboot it. Does any one have any clue what the hell is going on?

Check his windows event logs. Look at the errors and warnings they can tell a lot what is wrong with his pc. Also check his pc for virusses and temperatures.

It might be over heating.. Is he overclocking it? If so run at stock settings and see if problems persist.. What kind of temps is he getting?

My friend is having issues with his pc in the fact of for no reason it switches off randomly. Every once in a while it will just switch off. He thought it was an issue with his psu and so he has replaced it and so far it seems to have worked. But he is also having an issue with skype where everytime he calls someone or someone calls him he can answer but it then freezes his whole computer entirely and has to reboot it. Does any one have any clue what the hell is going on?

Hey JaxteR,

Have you checked the temperatures of all the parts? Does the computer give you any error codes or beeping sounds from the motherboard when crashing? Checking the event log is a good idea, you might find something interesting. I would also suggest doing a stress test to see if all the parts perform properly. 

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/