Asus rampage v extreme vs Deluxe x99?

With the intel i7 5820k cpu and an amd 295x2 gpu what mobo should be chosen?

Please explain why you made your choice :)

Dont get the rampage 5 its a waste of money and its eATX form factor... Also the deluxe looks nicer.

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

Dont get the rampage 5 its a waste of money and its eATX form factor... Also the deluxe looks nicer.

Invisible quote, nice :)

Looking for a job

my old mobo was the rampage iv black , so i have room for eATX, but there was a manufacture defalut on it, and yesterday i got the message i would get to choose in the same price category, so size is and cost is not the problem :)

quite an easy decision, look at the pile of crap you get with the rampage... then think to yourself. Do i need that crap? Am i ever going to use that crap? If the answer is no, then don't buy it. It's the exact same thing i did and i went with the deluxe cuz my answer was no. :)

I have no signature

Unless you want those ROG features like keybot, rog connect, or OC panel, no point of spending that much on a board. The Deluxe is cheaper and offers just as much features as the ROG. A more cheaper board will be the Pro.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Unless you want those ROG features like keybot, rog connect, or OC panel, no point of spending that much on a board. The Deluxe is cheaper and offers just as much features as the ROG. A more cheaper board will be the Pro.

quite an easy decision, look at the pile of crap you get with the rampage... then think to yourself. Do i need that crap? Am i ever going to use that crap? If the answer is no, then don't buy it. It's the exact same thing i did and i went with the deluxe cuz my answer was no. :)

Can go with Deluxe which is cheap one and good one compare to other.

as said up over :)

prize does not matter, i get to choose either for free, either the RE V or the deluxe https://www.dustin.dk/product/5010856958/x99-deluxeu31with extras

Unless youre planning on doing heavy overclocking (custom watercooling and beyond) youre probably not gonna benefit a lot from the Rampage features. And considering you get the Deluxe with all those addons id probably go for that one. Just compare the features on the Asus site and see what you like more. They are both equal in terms of performance...

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

and can i use my old rog oc panel with tbe deluxe?

Unless youre planning on doing heavy overclocking (custom watercooling and beyond) youre probably not gonna benefit a lot from the Rampage features. And considering you get the Deluxe with all those addons id probably go for that one. Just compare the features on the Asus site and see what you like more. They are both equal in terms of performance...

i am going to do some custom watercoolinf with 2 res and so on, so is the rampege best for that?

i am going to do some custom watercoolinf with 2 res and so on, so is the rampege best for that?

I mean its probably more convenient to oc on the rampage because you got that little oc-panel, but really youre gonna get about the same overclocks on both boards. At this point you might aswell just go with the one that you think looks better. (If you plan on doing a black/red loop anyway go with the Rampage, if you wanna do something more neutral maybe blue or white in your loop then go with the Deluxe). In the end you wont notice a difference when using your PC. I got a Rampage 4 aswell rightnow and i never use any of the special "Rampage" features. :P

I mean its probably more convenient to oc on the rampage because you got that little oc-panel, but really youre gonna get about the same overclocks on both boards. At this point you might aswell just go with the one that you think looks better. (If you plan on doing a black/red loop anyway go with the Rampage, if you wanna do something more neutral maybe blue or white in your loop then go with the Deluxe). In the end you wont notice a difference when using your PC. I got a Rampage 4 aswell rightnow and i never use any of the special "Rampage" features. :P

well was planing to paint deluxe for a black and yellow, but i just got the message that they had choosen the rampage v for me xD but i really like the red, or i can just do as linus did with his, and just paint mine yellow  :P

Thanks for the help everyone looking at this, but it ended up with the rampage v :D

and can i use my old rog oc panel with tbe deluxe?

Deluxe does not suppor the OC panel, the RVE will come with its own OC panel

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

well was planing to paint deluxe for a black and yellow, but i just got the message that they had choosen the rampege v for me xD but i really like the red, or i can just do as linus did with his, and just paint mine yellow  :P

Hahah decision has been made for you oh well... and please DONT paint a brandnew Rampage 5 like Linus did... Hes not very talented when it comes to stuff like that to say the least :P

Hahah decision has been made for you oh well... and please DONT paint a brandnew Rampage 5 like Linus did... Hes not very talented when it comes to stuff like that to say the least :P

Hey maybe i amn :P we will find out ... maybe :P