H440 Water cooling config

8folpJq.png

Pretty self explanatory, the black circle is a drain port btw :P Any suggestions would be much appreciated :)

Also should my fans be intaking or exhausting air?

you can install a 360mm rad in the top too :)

CPU - i5 4690K @ 4.5Ghz l CPU Cooler - Nepton 240m l GPU - MSI GTX970 gaming 4g 2-way SLI l SLI Bridge - MSI Gaming 2-way L Pro l Mobo - MSI Z97-G45 Gaming l RAM - 2x8GB Vengeance Pro 2133mhz DDR3 l PSU - Corsair HX750i l SSD - 2x Samsung 840 Evo 250GB in raid 0 | HDD - WD Black 2TB | Case - NZXT H440 Red/Black l OS - Windows 10 l Mouse Logitech G502 l MousePad - XTRFY NiP lightning l KeyBoard - Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB (Red) | Headset - Asus ROG Spitfire | Monitor - Asus PG279Q - VG248QE l PCPP - http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sxTpsY | Please don't buy CX PSU for a high end PC

you can install a 360mm rad in the top too :)

Yea but it would be a very tight fit and i don't think i could get a fan on it. Plus I want to go for a thicker rad the the front so i can mount my res on it and still be able to see it through the window :) Do you think the layout is good?

Yea but it would be a very tight fit and i don't think i could get a fan on it. Plus I want to go for a thicker rad the the front so i can mount my res on it and still be able to see it through the window :) Do you think the layout is good?

i think you will be able to fit a 25mm rad + fans on top of the other rad (no matter thickness) 

CPU - i5 4690K @ 4.5Ghz l CPU Cooler - Nepton 240m l GPU - MSI GTX970 gaming 4g 2-way SLI l SLI Bridge - MSI Gaming 2-way L Pro l Mobo - MSI Z97-G45 Gaming l RAM - 2x8GB Vengeance Pro 2133mhz DDR3 l PSU - Corsair HX750i l SSD - 2x Samsung 840 Evo 250GB in raid 0 | HDD - WD Black 2TB | Case - NZXT H440 Red/Black l OS - Windows 10 l Mouse Logitech G502 l MousePad - XTRFY NiP lightning l KeyBoard - Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB (Red) | Headset - Asus ROG Spitfire | Monitor - Asus PG279Q - VG248QE l PCPP - http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sxTpsY | Please don't buy CX PSU for a high end PC

but if you don't already have h440 get instead a define s or something like that, h440 is pretty tight

where are you going to put the pump?

where are you going to put the pump?

It's a pump and res combo and I like the h440 because it's different and clean and I've got so nice mods planned to make it special like changing the nzxt led plate.

It's a pump and res combo and I like the h440 because it's different and clean and I've got so nice mods planned to make it special like changing the nzxt led plate.

The h440 isn't exactly different :P one of the most popular cases on the market, considered their new noctus ?

The h440 isn't exactly different :P one of the most popular cases on the market, considered their new noctus ?

Meh it's the nicest case I've seen in a while so I want to use it :D So does the config seem okay should the front be intake and top be exhaust?

Meh it's the nicest case I've seen in a while so I want to use it :D So does the config seem okay should the front be intake and top be exhaust?

i don't have experience with custom loops but i think it looks good, if you need any measurements just PM me :)

i would get a 280 in the top and 360 in the front too

just wanted to let you know that it can get quite cramped in the case if you start watercooling. i recently got another 780 for mine and its super cramped.

Needs Update

just wanted to let you know that it can get quite cramped in the case if you start watercooling. i recently got another 780 for mine and its super cramped.

Do you have any pics? I kind of like the full look :P

Sure i will take some pics i wanted to do a update still my build is now a bit weird since i have 1 watercooled 780 and one that's just air cooled xD. but look nice actually. 

Needs Update

I just installed a CPU+GPU water cooling loop on this case (I am currently running the water loop for an hour to get out the bubbles).  It could be a bit of a tight fit if you go with two RADs, but it is doable.  In my scenario I went with one triple rad on top.  I quickly found that the rear IO interfered with my thicker radiator and I had to shift the whole radiator as far forward as it would go to fit it in.  This meant I was only able to install 6 of 12 screws through the fans to the radiator and had to remove the top front fan from the case...

It might be wise to go with a thinner rad on top and make sure the ends of the radiator aren't too bulky.  The placement of the rear IO might also require a top radiator that has the water ports away from the very corners.  The front of the case on the other hand has plenty of space for a 'monsta' radiator if that is what you are going for.

The case is designed to pull air in from the front and out from the top.  Even with the space constraints, it is the nicest case I have ever purchased and far from the most expensive.

here is some pics. i have a NZXT GRIN+ thats whats on the HDD.

http://imgur.com/93X0lP8,Cam1Pmx,onWldA7,jpNyQdk,L85ee0j,bv0eaXi,RRhChLl,ln1JBrN,oRlE55N,DTYYuPc,vpD3OFr,bcn0Xk1,TGsm0Zq#9

wires at the back is a bit messy because of the cable extensions.

Nice build, I see what you mean by it being cramped but you I kind of like it that way better than having that in a 900d lol. I would do what you did with a h220-x but I can't find one in the UK and don't really want to import one :P

I just installed a CPU+GPU water cooling loop on this case (I am currently running the water loop for an hour to get out the bubbles).  It could be a bit of a tight fit if you go with two RADs, but it is doable.  In my scenario I went with one triple rad on top.  I quickly found that the rear IO interfered with my thicker radiator and I had to shift the whole radiator as far forward as it would go to fit it in.  This meant I was only able to install 6 of 12 screws through the fans to the radiator and had to remove the top front fan from the case...

It might be wise to go with a thinner rad on top and make sure the ends of the radiator aren't too bulky.  The placement of the rear IO might also require a top radiator that has the water ports away from the very corners.  The front of the case on the other hand has plenty of space for a 'monsta' radiator if that is what you are going for.

The case is designed to pull air in from the front and out from the top.  Even with the space constraints, it is the nicest case I have ever purchased and far from the most expensive.

i was going for a Alphacool NexXxoS XT45/30 Full Copper 240mm and a Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper 360mm. I was thinking of doing a top and front panel mod too for some better airflow with very low rpms.

I have an H440 and it's a great case, but it is really tight once you've got everything in there, especially if you have two GPUs so I would 100% suggest the Define S over the H440 for a custom loop rig, but the H440 is beaut, and has a dank PSU shroud.

Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.7GHz | Asus Maximus VII Hero | NZXT Kraken X61 | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro(Red) @ 1866MHz | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | 250GB Samsung 850-EVO | 2- way SLI Asus Strix GTX 970's @ 1500MHz | EVGA 750W G2 | NZXT H440(black/red) | 3x120mm Sharkoon Shark Blade fans(red) | 3x140mm Be Quiet! Pure Wings 2 fans |

i was going for a Alphacool NexXxoS XT45/30 Full Copper 240mm and a Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper 360mm. I was thinking of doing a top and front panel mod too for some better airflow with very low rpms.

That radiator on top will likely have clearance issues with the rear IO and possibly the motherboard.  I have a 35mm thick rad and it barely overlaps the motherboard.  If your motherboard is low profile for the first 10mm, it should be fine.  If you do go with that rad, it's possible to scoot the whole radiator forward and avoid the rear IO like I had to (evidence of which is here: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/611-first-water-cooling-build/ ).  Who needs all 12 screws to secure a radiator when you only need 6 anyway?

That radiator on top will likely have clearance issues with the rear IO and possibly the motherboard.  I have a 35mm thick rad and it barely overlaps the motherboard.  If your motherboard is low profile for the first 10mm, it should be fine.  If you do go with that rad, it's possible to scoot the whole radiator forward and avoid the rear IO like I had to (evidence of which is here: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/611-first-water-cooling-build/ ).  Who needs all 12 screws to secure a radiator when you only need 6 anyway?

Haha so true, I only have 3 screws on my h100 :P That build is amazing, love how you used those monsoon fittings <3

- Snip

Do you like the h220-x? I think I might go your route and just get one from the Netherlands. It's cheaper than buying a res,rad,pump and could block. Is that pump powerful enough to handle my loop?