Looking for a portable audio recorder w/ external mic option

TopWargamer

I need to buy a portable audio recorder for a personal project that I'm working on, because (unfortunately) the camera I'll be using doesn't have an external mic port (3.5mm or XLR :/). If you're curious, the camera is the Sony Alpha a6000. 

Anyways, I need something that is compatible with this (3.5mm connector): http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATR-6550-Condenser-Shotgun-Microphone/dp/B002GYPS3M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1434001615&sr=8-1&keywords=boom+mic

I really don't want to spend too awfully much on the audio recorder... If you guys can find me the cheapest recorders with an external mic option, that would be great. If the cheapest thing is going to have crappy sound quality, then link one that has decent/good quality that won't cost too awfully much. 

COMIC SANS

zoom h1

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

As nice as that is, I'd really like something a bit cheaper...

There is not too much else. How much cheaper? 

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

You could just use a smartphone or a laptop to just record a mic and sync with the video later

You could just use a smartphone or a laptop to just record a mic and sync with the video later

I wasn't aware that I could do that with a smartphone... Is there anything in specific I need to have or set up for it to work?

COMIC SANS

I wasn't aware that I could do that with a smartphone... Is there anything in specific I need to have or set up for it to work?

my friend does it for our mock trials. http://lifehacker.com/connect-any-external-microphone-to-your-iphone-with-a-p-1643737164

Do you think this would work on an android phone?

You can google different ways. Now that you have android its easier. There are so many options. Just google and pick one thats best for you. I am not sure what setup you have but you cna use the 3.5mm on ur phone