Alienware pc died out on me need helping building new rig and using parts of it.

cooperb21

The PSU seems to have died out my pc will start for a few seconds then shut down it says kernel power failure. Alienware warranty ran out on it they wont let me extend the warranty on the pc now they told me i needed to spend 100$ to get help over the phone plus the cost of fixing the parts and getting someone to replace it so i said fuck it at this point and i rather just take what i have and use better parts i know where there coming from.  

Parts i have know i can use in newer build.

EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+

WD Blue 1TB 

Unsure if i can reuse:

32g of ram (not sure if i can take the ram or if i should it just looks like standard no name ram but for some reason it says its clocked at 799not normal 1600 it should have been.

CPU: I7 4930K (not sure if should and i know nothing about how take the cpu out to reuse it i would need to remove the alienware liquid cooler and remove from mobo. maybe it would be better or easier just to get a cheaper cpu i dont even think i need an i7 really might just got i5)

Parts ill need i think:

Case: 

PSU:

MOBO:

Maybe:

MEMORY

CPU

If its just the PSU then you can reuse everything if it all hadnt been damaged. Can't really tell until you try out a new PSU on it. I'd recommend just buying a replacement PSU first and trying it out since your gonna need a new one of those whether or not you end up replacing more parts.

The PSU seems to have died out my pc will start for a few seconds then shut down it says kernel power failure. Alienware warranty ran out on it they wont let me extend the warranty on the pc now they told me i needed to spend 100$ to get help over the phone plus the cost of fixing the parts and getting someone to replace it so i said fuck it at this point and i rather just take what i have and use better parts i know where there coming from.  

Parts i have know i can use in newer build.

EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+

WD Blue 1TB 

Unsure if i can reuse:

32g of ram (not sure if i can take the ram or if i should it just looks like standard no name ram but for some reason it says its clocked at 799not normal 1600 it should have been.

CPU: I7 4930K (not sure if should and i know nothing about how take the cpu out to reuse it i would need to remove the alienware liquid cooler and remove from mobo. maybe it would be better or easier just to get a cheaper cpu i dont even think i need an i7 really might just got i5)

Parts ill need i think:

Case: 

PSU:

MOBO:

Maybe:

MEMORY

CPU

Why not just buy a new PSU? Seriously. 

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

You can reuese your CPU and RAM for sure.

You'll need an x79 mobo, might run you a bit, but not as much as it would cost for a new CPU/mobo.

Ram is 1600. Don't worry, 800*2 = 1600 (because DDR = double data rate)

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Why not just buy a new PSU? Seriously. 

The alienware case is partly broken and there is not alot of room for wiring or anymore fans. My gpu is already running 40-50c idle. Figured i might better just go all out since i hate alienware dont want any part of it left. 

Figured it might be worth getting a new case i could get airflow the alienware is shit for air my single gpu is running very hot and loud. 

The alienware case is partly broken and there is not alot of room for wiring or anymore fans. My gpu is already running 40-50c idle. Figured i might better just go all out since i hate alienware dont want any part of it left. 

Figured it might be worth getting a new case i could get airflow the alienware is shit for air my single gpu is running very hot and loud. 

Then get a new case as well as a PSU, but theres no point in getting rid of the other parts, they're not bad hardware.

Then get a new case as well as a PSU, but theres no point in getting rid of the other parts, they're not bad hardware.

Should i get a new mobo though? That was its not alienware they have very limited bios and what i can do. 

So just need a case, mobo and psu. 

Im not sure if its the psu but i know its not the video card i tested three different cards. My gtx 670, 770 and 970 all had same issue with restart. 

Also holly fucking crap. 

Why are LGA 2011 mobo's so much!! God dam it man all them are 300$ or more Canadian.

Any other Socket i can find mobo's in 50-150$ range no prob and seem fine this one no low end cheaper ones. 

Also holly fucking crap. 

Why are LGA 2011 mobo's so much!! God dam it man all them are 300$ or more Canadian.

Any other Socket i can find mobo's in 50-150$ range no prob and seem fine this one no low end cheaper ones. 

Because they're high-end and not made any more. 2011-3 is the new standard. Just get a new case and PSU and call it a day.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.