Sleeper Cell Desks

REDNINJA2012

i found some posts on the forum about having your desk as your computer case. i was very interested in the idea and done some research, i may have found the solution if you don't want to bother with having to get supplies for your design the website states that the desk may be put into production if it gets enough response. although this desk is very cool it does have a pretty premium price for a desk at around $800. the desk is also pretty hefty weighing in at 80Kg or 175 lbs. i really would like to see this put into production as maybe some of you would just because it is something different.

The company was hoping to put these into production at the end of 2011, but if you go to "contact us" it shows a pre order form and you pay through PayPal.

Desk52-497x280.jpg

Desk1a-689x322.jpg

Desk6-940x704.jpg

the current images are of the stock standard version of the desk but under the features link it says that there may be the following features that you can add to the desk

Aftermarket items in the pipeline are;

Glass top to show off your system.

Lighting kits and accessories.

Polished and colored panel inserts for enclosure surfaces.

Liquid cooling kits.

Custom fan grills.

Monitor stand for flat panels that will attach to the desk, freeing up the desk surface and allowing the top surface to be lifted easily.

Aftermarket name-brand computer components built specifically for Sleeper Cell Desksâ„¢

Integrated speaker system.

Refrigeration unit for liquid cooling systems.

Game console interface to use the desk top monitor.

And other products that will be suggested from end users.

comment below and tell me what you guys think.

http://sleepercelldesks.com/index.html

• 3 weeks later...

Im glad u posted this, cause im currently designing myself a desk that my pc will go in & the more inspiration the better!

I highly doubt it would make sense on a production scale, there wouldn't be enough demand. It'll probally stay on a boutique builder, premium cost scale.

And who wouldn't watercool with something like this, theres just sooo much room that needs filling!

Aussie FTW!
4770k, H60, GTX 780, G1 Sniper 5, Samsung EVO 250GB, Seagate 2TB, Vengance Pro RAM 2133mhz 8GB, Silverstone Strider 850w
The Monolith Desk - build log incomplete.

I've actually got a couple of designs on a similar thing with slightly different design ideas but the same concept. I guess doing production and design (wood) at school helped :P

I have doubts over how good their speaker system will be as it is actually quite complicated to make a good sounding enclosure. Honestly from a sales point I have my doubts - this sort of thing is normally a fairly custom thing - not aimed at every Tom, Dick and Harry.

• 1 month later...

Desk is too bulky for my tastes. I don't want the extra drawers and pull out compartments, I just want the top where it can be lifted up and everything else be gone!

Desk is too bulky for my tastes. I don't want the extra drawers and pull out compartments, I just want the top where it can be lifted up and everything else be gone!
it's personal preference really. if you don't like it that's completely fine.

I can see people just having the top bit and with a glass lid so you can see water cooling lighting ect

I can see people just having the top bit and with a glass lid so you can see water cooling lighting ect
yeah if the desk becomes a production model you will be able to choose a glass top.

Check this out http://redharbinger.com/forums/threads/cross-by-red-harbinger.438/

Theres 6 modders working on design & production of this desk. This is one of them testing & working on a prototype. (he made the L3p D3sk)

Aussie FTW!
4770k, H60, GTX 780, G1 Sniper 5, Samsung EVO 250GB, Seagate 2TB, Vengance Pro RAM 2133mhz 8GB, Silverstone Strider 850w
The Monolith Desk - build log incomplete.