[Tutorial]How to Remove the Windows 10 Upgrade Icon from Windows 7 and Windows 8/8.1

Found this and wanted to share.  Basically it was pushed to Windows 7 and 8/8.1 users as an update. 

Uninstall KB3035583 and then restart!

For the visual learners out there: http://imgur.com/a/bVPnz

@TechBenchTV

Ex-NCIX Tech Tips Producer.  Linus hates my scripts. 

People who have the logo don't want it. People who want the logo don't have it. :P

I don't mind having the logo honestly. I think I'm the only one.

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.

I just moved mine to not appear in the taskbar and not give notifications, so I don't have to see it. It does the same job, and doesn't require uninstalling anything.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Or drag it up into the arrow section and its still there but not visible. <- Better solution IMO

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

Found this and wanted to share.  Basically it was pushed to Windows 7 and 8/8.1 users as an update. 

Uninstall KB3035583 and then restart!

For the visual learners out there: http://imgur.com/a/bVPnz

You do realize that update causes you to loose the windows 10 update?

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

just slide it up to the arrow-_- and not see it

Computer's don't make errors. What they do, they do on purpose.

Or drag it up into the arrow section and its still there but not visible. <- Better solution IMO

I just moved mine to not appear in the taskbar and not give notifications, so I don't have to see it. It does the same job, and doesn't require uninstalling anything.

Mark as answer* 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

I actually want the icon but haven't gotten the update yet. Patiently waiting....

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

I actually want the icon but haven't gotten the update yet. Patiently waiting....

Install KB3035583 and you might get it. No promises but it worked for me.

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.

You do realize that update causes you to loose the windows 10 update?

Yes, but it also doesn't mean you cannot reinstall if that's what you would like.  

This is a simple "how-to" decision to use it or not is up to you.

@TechBenchTV

Are you using enterprise edition or on a domain? If so - your admin will need to do the legwork in order for you to get the upgrade

@TechBenchTV

Are you using enterprise edition or on a domain? If so - your admin will need to do the legwork in order for you to get the upgrade

W8.1 standard. Running on a laptop. Think I did get the update today though since I received the update package KB3035583. Need to restart though to see if it actually installed the W10 upgrade thingy.

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post