New Headset

Hopstar

Hello,

Im looking for a new (gaming) headset. At the moment i have the Razor Megalodon 7.1 surround. 

But the soundcard is diening (It crashes sometimes, really high peep, or the sound just vanish)

So i want to buy an new headset, but im not really sure which one to get or if i should get an headphone - Mic

My main focus is hearing music / talking on teamspeak. But i like to play some shooters sometimes.

Greetings

Hopstar

ps. Sorry for my bad English

budget?

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

If you have a low budget, the Turtle Beach X12. That headset has stayed with me for the last three years. The only downside is that it's stereo :L

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

Uhmm i don't really have a price in mind yet. I think around 150 euro would be great. 

Uhmm i don't really have a price in mind yet. I think around 150 euro would be great. 

I would recommend the HD 558 and a mod mic, thank me later. G4ame Zero could also work, I don't really like gaming headsets though their often overpriced.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

GAMING HEADSETS ARE A GIMMICK. Stay away from them. You could get way better sound and comfort for the same price if you get good headphones and a mod mic.

Sources: personal experience.

Hi.

Uhmm oke, So you guys don't recommand an gaming headset. 

So what headphone should i get. And should i go for the mod mic or should i buy an normal mice like the blue snowball.

Uhmm oke, So you guys don't recommand an gaming headset.

So what headphone should i get. And should i go for the mod mic or should i buy an normal mice like the blue snowball.

the only gaming headset i reccomend is the hyper x clouds, i have them and love them best around 100 usd headset by far. Other options are a real headset and a mod mic.

I heard a lot of good stuff about the hyper x clouds. If i get that one should i go for the 2 or the normal one?

I heard a lot of good stuff about the hyper x clouds. If i get that one should i go for the 2 or the normal one?

I would go with the original but kinda hard to recommend as different games and users utilize virtual surround differently.

the 1st ones. some people have had problems with the 7.1 usb thing that comes with th second one. 

Is the mic on that headset any good. I heard some people that had an blue snowbal for the mic while using that headset

Is the mic on that headset any good. I heard some people that had an blue snowbal for the mic while using that headset

The mic is good enough, of course not as good as a dedicated desk mice. But if you are thinking of a separate mic, don't bother with headsets and just get headphones instead. You get better quality for the money and less things to fail, like sound output bleeding into mic due to the wires being too close to each other or if the mic breaks you'd have to replace the whole thing instead of just the mic.