What size monitor?

Graycat

I am looking to purchase a new monitor. I need one that I can read on, play games, and watch movies. I don't do a whole lot of either one, but I still use my computer for those things. The one I have now is 19". How big is too big for a multi purpose screen? Should I be looking at a 27", 24", or any other size? I have never used a monitor larger than 19" so I really have no idea which will be better. Any feedback on what size monitor works good from work to movies is appreciated.

Thank you

24" is generally considered the sweet spot for gaming, and 27" is good for the occasional movie viewing. So if your going to be doing a mixture of both, your going to want to find a 24" to 25" or so to get a good combination of both. 5MS BtW or 2ms GtG is the response time your looking for and depending on your Graphics card, if its high end like a 680 then a 120hz monitor is what you want.

I recommend the BenQ XL2420T, ive read nothing but good reviews so far and is what im intending on getting.

http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=66305&promoid=1224

I'd recommend a 24 inch monitor. Perfect size from moving from a 19 inch monitor and it's much cheaper than your 27 inches.

Good Morning...

I agree with the comments above, the sweet spot os 24"

I would suggest spending on a REALY good monitor though, go for a PLS or IPS panel. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES (In my opinion) SHOULD YOU BUY A TN PANEL!

The reason why I am still using my 19" monitor is because it has a really beautiful panel.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

24" is the sweet spot for gaming, plus is usually cheaper then a 27" but if you want that extra few inches for movies, you can get a 27", they are both great for gaming and movies though, so it really depends on how much your willing to pay for a new monitor, for movies get a PLS or IPS monitor, you want to have great viewing angles. For gaming you probably want to get a 120Hz 2MS monitor just so you can have that... smoother game play, but that depends on your graphics card. Well good luck in finding a new monitor :)

- virusal19