Tenkeyless Keyboard - Recommendations?

monjanger

I want to pick up a mechanical tenkeyless keyboard to see if i like it. It would likely be used just for typing and minimal gaming but I will likely have to move it around quite a bit. Any suggestions? 

If you want one with no frills, like no backlighting and that sort of thing, here's a link to one that I use at workplace.

http://www.amazon.com/Nixeus-MODA-Mechanical-Keyboard-Tactile/dp/B00L1TLINC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1433787817&sr=8-2&keywords=tenkeyless+mechanical+keyboard

FairladyZ | If you want to reply to me, please quote my post! Idiocity, the best money wasting PC build ever!

CM storm Novatouch TKL!

I like it. I hear it was nice and quiet but it wasn't the best for typing...?

If you want one with no frills, like no backlighting and that sort of thing, here's a link to one that I use at workplace.

http://www.amazon.com/Nixeus-MODA-Mechanical-Keyboard-Tactile/dp/B00L1TLINC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1433787817&sr=8-2&keywords=tenkeyless+mechanical+keyboard

I haven't heard of that brand. I will do some research tho.

I like it. I hear it was nice and quiet but it wasn't the best for typing...?

well how would you define what you like in a keyboard you type on?

like do you need a wristrest and stuff like that?

Corsair K65 (RGB or NON-RGB)

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

I've been using the corsair rgb for a few months now and enjoy it. The program to control the lighting is powerful, but takes a bit to get used to. I like the simple appearance too.

Intel i5-6600K, be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Asus MAXIMUS VIII Gene, 16gb Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4, 500gb Samsung 850 Evo, 2tb Seagate Barracuda, GTX 1080 EVGA FTW, Thermaltake Core v21, Seasonic M12II 850W

Corsair K65 (RGB or NON-RGB)

I have a corsair k70 RGB and want to try a different brand, design but I have heard great things about that keyboard.

well how would you define what you like in a keyboard you type on?

like do you need a wristrest and stuff like that?

I'm proably going to go with your suggestion. Also, the simpler the design, the better.

I'm proably going to go with your suggestion. Also, the simpler the design, the better.

if the price is something you need to keep in mind, you could also look at the CM storm Quickfire TK!

it comes in a few variaties and is a bit cheaper.

+1 for quickfire tk, same size as a tkl basically but gives you the numberpad if you ever need it.

+1 for quickfire tk, same size as a tkl basically but gives you the numberpad if you ever need it.

I have never used a number pad before. I have other keyboards though with number pads if I ever need one.

Filco do a nice TKL 

CM have a decent selection of TKL's as well

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s

I want to pick up a mechanical tenkeyless keyboard to see if i like it. It would likely be used just for typing and minimal gaming but I will likely have to move it around quite a bit. Any suggestions? 

What is your budget?

Hi.