The Witcher 3...Mad enough to uninstall...

mckrackin5324

I'm new to this game...about 24 hours or so.

So after some borderline ridiculously hard boss fights I get to this piece of trash Whoreson Junior.

Spoiler here maybe...

I don't get to fight this SOB?

Just a decision and he's dead?

Are you freaking kidding me here?

I think a blood vessel burst in my eye when that animation started.

Level up more with witcher contracts, and secondary quests. 

It'll make fighting higher lvl stuff much much easier.

6c5c31727f7a30eb38136c5f19864b686d8d7f0b

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I don't mind the fighting.

I just wanted to fight this particular character and they picked that one to bypass completely.

Killed him with a mouse click...WTF...

I'm new to this game...about 24 hours or so.

So after some borderline ridiculously hard boss fights I get to this piece of trash Whoreson Junior.

Spoiler here maybe...

I don't get to fight this SOB?

Just a decision and he's dead?

Are you freaking kidding me here?

I think a blood vessel burst in my eye when that animation started.

But you gotta think.. 24 hours in you're still just starting. Don't let one let down ruin the whole game. :o

Was I the only one that was let down here?

The guy crucifies women...tortures them...hangs them...admits he has his men holding your daughter and probably doing unspeakable things to her and they end the encounter with a click?

I totally agree with you!! You should just uninstall that terrible game!! ...... Just send the game-key/install media to me and I'll make sure that no one else has to put up with that nonsense anymore!!.......... :D  

The computer isn't the "Thing".....the computer is the "Thing" that gets you to the "Thing".  - excerpt from "Halt and Catch Fire".

It's a credit to CD Projekt Red that there game is so immersive to get this kind of emotional reaction from players. Well done.

Sorry I know that's not what you want to hear :mellow:

I totally agree with you!! You should just uninstall that terrible game!! ...... Just send the game-key/install media to me and I'll make sure that no one else has to put up with that nonsense anymore!!.......... :D  

If I had hard copies of it,I would.

It was a two day download though and I'm going to muddle through a few more episodes of ridiculousness before wiping it clean.lol...

I almost did that thing (uninstalling)

But, damn.. I don't have any new good game right now

So i decided to give it another time until arkham knight is out.

Lets see what this game can do for me.

My opinion

The gameplay is

SUPER BORIIINNGGG

I almost did that thing (uninstalling)

But, damn.. I don't have any new good game right now

So i decided to give it another time until arkham knight is out.

Lets see what this game can do for me.

My opinion

The gameplay is

SUPER BORIIINNGGG

I also have Arkham Knight in my download queue....Looking forward to it and yes TW3 has some loooooong dry spells in the action. 

I also have Arkham Knight in my download queue....Looking forward to it and yes TW3 has some loooooong dry spells in the action.

Yea.. This kind of RPG has never worked for me. Somehow american RPG games develeoper need to learn more about battle style from japanese devs such as devil may cry developer. Even old onimusha has a better battle experience than this game in my oponion

And even shadow of colosus has a way lot better horse riding mode (still the best until now)

Yea.. This kind of RPG has never worked for me. Somehow american RPG games develeoper need to learn more about battle style from japanese devs such as devil may cry developer. Even old onimusha has a better battle experience than this game in my oponion

And even shadow of colosus has a way lot better horse riding mode (still the best until now)

I really enjoyed Devil May Cry.

No 30 minute trips between encounters.

I had it on console though.

I really enjoyed Devil May Cry.

No 30 minute trips between encounters.

I had it on console though.

Yea.. But the last DMC Was a big mistake.

DMC4 still the best for me.

I'm a big fan of dante and they they destroyed it with DMC5 lol..

I don't think some kind of spoiled crazy guy would have put up much of a fight. He wasn't some kind of bad as fighter or anything. It would have been as easy as killing some random peasant(if you could kill peasants).

That said I would have liked a lot more if the choice would have been done in gameplay rather then with dialog. Maybe give you an option to sheet your sword and walk away or strike him down.

Yea.. The dialog is a mess too. No difference at all.

It's just "lets go" or "gimme more info, and then lets go"

That part didn't bother me at all.  I had already fought him as Ciri, I wasn't going to gain any more satisfaction from fighting him again as Geralt.  And as T6kke said he didn't present any real challenge to Geralt, it would've been the same as fighting yet one more of his henchman.  Geralt is known as the Butcher of Blaviken because he slaughtered 7 accomplished mercenaries at once, some lone thug in his underwear isn't going to be much of a fight.

i7-5820k  |  MSI X99S SLI-Plus  |  4x4GB HyperX 2400 DDR4  |  Sapphire Radeon R9 295X2  |  Samsung 840 EVO 1TB x2  |  Corsair AX1200i  |  Corsair H100i  |  NZXT H440 Razer

That part didn't bother me at all.  I had already fought him as Ciri, I wasn't going to gain any more satisfaction from fighting him again as Geralt.  And as T6kke said he didn't present any real challenge to Geralt, it would've been the same as fighting yet one more of his henchman.  Geralt is known as the Butcher of Blaviken because he slaughtered 7 accomplished mercenaries at once, some lone thug in his underwear isn't going to be much of a fight.

Not to mention all the cool beasts he hunts down and kills. These are the boss fights of the game.

Witcher is made in Poland. Combat is good enough for my tastes as I think Witcher is going for the more realistic sword fighting. There is some trouble with long combos that lock you in to action though.

Witcher is made in Poland. Combat is good enough for my tastes as I think Witcher is going for the more realistic sword fighting. There is some trouble with long combos that lock you in to action though.

i think this game will be a lot better if they can combine attractive sword battle in DMC (quick slash and fancy moves) and onimusha battle style (that u need to think your every move)

witcher's battle mode isnt that bad anyway. it's just too boring after playing more than 2 hours to be honest. u'll do the same thing again and again and again with the exact same move.

and riding horse is a bit awful in this game. bad control and so plain. since they have a good environment quality, they need to expose it more just like how shadow of colosus did. at that time shadow of colosus had a very good graph (for PS2) and they expose it in a very very good way, if u haven't play this game, maybe u should take a look at it on youtube. it really have a good horse riding mode (the best until now in my opinion)

i think this game will be a lot better if they can combine attractive sword battle in DMC (quick slash and fancy moves) and onimusha battle style (that u need to think your every move)

witcher's battle mode isnt that bad anyway. it's just too boring after playing more than 2 hours to be honest. u'll do the same thing again and again and again with the exact same move.

and riding horse is a bit awful in this game. bad control and so plain. since they have a good environment quality, they need to expose it more just like how shadow of colosus did. at that time shadow of colosus had a very good graph (for PS2) and they expose it in a very very good way, if u haven't play this game, maybe u should take a look at it on youtube. it really have a good horse riding mode (the best until now in my opinion)

That could be said about most of the games really. You didn't have to use different tactics against let say drowners vs humans?

I haven't played SoC but checked it out on youtube. Mounted moving seems quite smooth but it's always on completely flat surface? With witcher there is so much crap on the ground Roach gets stuck often but when ever there is fields or enough open space I used him cause it's just downright OP. You can kill most of the stuff without getting hit on horseback. My experiences from using mounts in games comes mainly from Skyrim and some MMOs where you can never use them for combat and in Skyrim it was just horribly inconvenient so I chose to walk everywhere.

Cd projekt red is not american, i believe they're polish? but regardless, the fighting style may be boring to you because you are used to a more action, fast paced oriented DMC experience, that doesn't make the witcher's combat bad.

CPU:I5 4670K   GPU:Radeon HD 7850 2 GB (To be upgraded)   RAM:2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3   Motherboard:MSI Z97S SLI Plus

That could be said about most of the games really. You didn't have to use different tactics against let say drowners vs humans?

Cd projekt red is not american, i believe they're polish? but regardless, the fighting style may be boring to you because you are used to a more action, fast paced oriented DMC experience, that doesn't make the witcher's combat bad.

Not really, in onimusha and DMC you need change your weapon and strategy many times for different enemies. That's why they're not boring even they're not open world style game

I haven't played SoC but checked it out on youtube. Mounted moving seems quite smooth but it's always on completely flat surface? With witcher there is so much crap on the ground Roach gets stuck often but when ever there is fields or enough open space I used him cause it's just downright OP. You can kill most of the stuff without getting hit on horseback. My experiences from using mounts in games comes mainly from Skyrim and some MMOs where you can never use them for combat and in Skyrim it was just horribly inconvenient so I chose to walk everywhere.

It's a PS2 game buddy. That's why it's mostly flat.

At least they have to make a better horse riding since witcher is a next gen game with a lot more capable hardware to run it.

To be honest, PS2 is still the best gaming device that gave me a lot of good gaming experience to remember until now.

Todays games are look the same one and another in my opinion

I enjoy TW3 - this is my first entry in the series so I have no preconceptions or jaded opinions. However those reviews stating this is a 10/10 game (such as Gamespot): just no.

I understand that they aren't inferring 10/10 means perfection, but rather a rated quality experience and yet still: no. It's an 8/10 game at best and even a rabid fan would be pushing it by calling it any higher.

Granted it's only been released recently and they have plenty of time to improve upon it, but those reviews are based on builds already completed and not future possibilities.

It's entertaining and is a nice graphical showcase, but let's not get carried away.

NB in case people wanted some examples:

The combat is a little lacking -mash dodge and quick attacks, bomb throwing and crossbow shooting are frankly tedious- and the quests are decidedly repetitive. Not to mention moving the horse is akin to a cardboard cutout or set prop and the inventory system is really generic. That weight restriction too.

So far it's been: Use your Witcher senses ! Run around a bit! Now kill dat enemy! Mash Dodge! FINISH HIM !11!!1

Not really, in onimusha and DMC you need change your weapon and strategy many times for different enemies. That's why they're not boring even they're not open world style game

But in Witcher 3 you don't? You can't parry a drowner for example, but they are extremely open after they attack you, therefore a good enemy to dodge.  Human enemies guard until they have no stamina, so it's wise to put your self in a position to 1v1 them.  Larger monsters often have large AoE's so you can't really dodge, so rolling is necessary and sign use is recommended.  You don't always need Quen, all of the other signs are strong as well.  Igni and Aard can help you deal with multiple enemies, Axii can severely effect some enemies but barely effect others.  Some monsters like werewolves need to be bursted down, others you need to take a more methodical approach.  

There is plenty of enemy variety in Witcher 3. 

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

But in Witcher 3 you don't? You can't parry a drowner for example, but they are extremely open after they attack you, therefore a good enemy to dodge.  Human enemies guard until they have no stamina, so it's wise to put your self in a position to 1v1 them.  Larger monsters often have large AoE's so you can't really dodge, so rolling is necessary and sign use is recommended.  You don't always need Quen, all of the other signs are strong as well.  Igni and Aard can help you deal with multiple enemies, Axii can severely effect some enemies but barely effect others.  Some monsters like werewolves need to be bursted down, others you need to take a more methodical approach.  

There is plenty of enemy variety in Witcher 3. 

please kiddo. this is so basic. onimusha did this around 15 years ago.

is it wrong if i expect a lot more than this 15 years later after i played onimusha?

it's not even better.

even onimusha have a lot of different move pattern for every single enemy that encounter you

i didnt say that Witcher has a bad battle system, it's just not new and i want more than this for 2015.

sword battle - adventure game is one of my fav game genre. i played almost every good tittle of this kind of game since i was a boy

in PS2 era, we have a lot of different sword battle adventure game with different implementations such as onimusha, DMC, Genji, Chaos Legion, God of War, etc

they're the best sword battle game i've ever played

lets say that onimusha, genji, and Chaos legion have an almost the same combat system, but still they have a lot of thing that makes the significantly different one another.