Asus Maximus VII Formula - Is it really worth it?

What do you guys think? Do you think the motherboard is worth it for $300 USD? I personally like the ROG armor included, but adding around $100 USD more for it seems unreasonable. Should I stick with my MSI Gaming 3 z97 or upgrade?

• OS: Windows 10/10 Pro  • SSD: Samsung 256GB 850 Evo Series *  • HDD: Seagate 1TB  • GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 GAMING X (SLI)
• CPU: i7-4790K OC 4.7GHz Quad-Core Processor • Case: NZXT H440 (Black/Red) • PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W
• RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory • Mobo: MSI Gaming 5

I don't see why you would want to pay 300 bucks to replace you already working MSI Gaming 3 which has the same chipset. There is barely any difference performance wise.

Please quote if you want a person to reply, they won't get a notification otherwise.

PC Specs

(CPU: Intel 4790k) (GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 WF3OC) (Mobo: Asus MAXIMUS VII RANGER) (RAM: Red Corsair Vengeance Pro 2*8GB 1600MHz) (HDD: WD Green 2TB) (SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 120GB) (CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212X) (PSU: Corsair RM750) (Case & Fans: Corsair Obsidian 450D) (Monitor: Asus VX239H)

Nope, nope, nope and more importantly NOPE. Unless you need the very fancy absolutely not worth the money connivence saving over-clocking features don't get it.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

It really comes down to the looks, - and what that is worth to you.

I'm happy with mine, but when I got it, I was fully aware of what I'm doing (buying an overly expensive piece of hardware just for the looks - ok plus the waterblock on it as well). If we leave those two things out... there's no way I would have bought this board, as you can get about the same hardware for roughly half that price.

Anything ROG is pretty much always want, not need.

[Main rig "ToXxXiC":]
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K | MB: ASUS Maximus VII Formula | RAM: G.Skill TridentX 32GB 2400MHz (DDR-3) | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Hydro Copper | Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD (+NAS) | Sound: OnBoard | PSU: XFX Black Edition Pro 1050W 80+ Gold | Case: Cooler Master Cosmos II | Cooling: Full Custom Watercooling Loop (CPU+GPU+MB) | OS: Windows 7 Professional (64-Bit)