Only play arma 3

Totally-A-Hero
Go to solution Solved by spwath,

Very unbalanced but at least it dosent need a upgrade for a while i have a I74770k

I would get an r9 290.

They are really cheap now.

i used to keep up to date with this stuff post alot and all of that help people. but now im out of the loop heard the 300 series coming out soon that cool i gueess but i need upgrade soon. I have a 7870 currently i biught it refurb a year ago in few days or so. I think its time to upgrade dont wanna spend alot thinking 970 but dont think it worth it over the 290 so im really not sure, what do you think. Really dont wanna spend more than $325 bucks so that is my cap. I only play arma 3 and im just gonna play that until arma 4 comes out AND BATTLE FRONT and i just wanna play games at max- high on 1080p for the next year or so thankss for helping me this is the worst paragraph ive ever wrote but i think you get the gist thx.

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!

What is your CPU?

Arma 3 is mainly CPU based, and mostly single threaded

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

What is your CPU?

Very unbalanced but at least it dosent need a upgrade for a while i have a I74770k

I would get an r9 290.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

What is your CPU?

I bloody hate Arma optimisation (all Arma games), it's terrible. I struggle to get 60fps on my system..  :angry: My Q8400 had almost the exact same performance as my current one. 

Anyways, a 290 should serve you fine OP. It's a great card for 1080p and when Arma isn't busy eating your CPU alive the 290 will definitely give you awesome results  ;)

i7 8086k @ 5.3Ghz / 32GB DDR4 Trident Z RGB @ 3733Mhz / Aorus GTX 1080 11Gbps / PG348Q

I bloody hate Arma optimisation (all Arma games), it's terrible. I struggle to get 60fps on my system..  :angry: My Q8400 had almost the exact same performance as my current one. 

Anyways, a 290 should serve you fine OP. It's a great card for 1080p and when Arma isn't busy eating your CPU alive the 290 will definitely give you awesome results  ;)

I get 30 FPS regardless of my video settings

I would get an r9 290.

I really want that Vapor-x but the Power color PCS+ with a MIR is 228 :o cant beat that. $100 cheaper than the 970 and its gonna perform almost the same in arma maybe even better/same cuz 4gb vs  3.5 and we all know arma LOVES that Vram. I could prob sqeeuze $90 out of this 7870 aswell great upgrade thanks for the help guys. Maybe ill come back and be a happy helper again :/

I don't get very good fps on Arma mp at all. Single core optimization is a turd. I'd recommend the 8gb r290x, but I'd wait for the new amd cards and see...

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

I get 30 FPS regardless of my video settings

Strange what is your build? With mine on ultra i get around 35-40 at most times. In KOTH i get like 20 tho.

Strange what is your build? With mine on ultra i get around 35-40 at most times. In KOTH i get like 20 tho.

FX 6300

HD 7850 1gb

16gb ram

FX 6300

HD 7850 1gb

16gb ram

Well.... there isnt much to say... Want my old card?

Well.... there isnt much to say... Want my old card?

Yes i do.

I want anything that is more than 1gb vram and can actualy do good in games.

Yes i do.

I want anything that is more than 1gb vram and can actualy do good in games.

Where you live

Where you live

Oh, thats not good.

Other side of US, New York

Oh, thats not good.

Other side of US, New York

What is that like 10 buck shipping. Ill contact you when i buy my new card ( a few days might wait for 300). 

What is that like 10 buck shipping. Ill contact you when i buy my new card ( a few days might wait for 300). 

Wait so are you giving me the old card for free?

Btw for free idec if you pay for shipping. I have no use for it so why not bless someone else with it.

Btw for free idec if you pay for shipping. I have no use for it so why not bless someone else with it.

THANK you that would be great.

Ill pay shipping.

Contact me when you get your new card.

Ooh, i can crossfire it with my 7850... That will be nice.

THANK you that would be great.

Ill pay shipping.

Contact me when you get your new card.

Np. And thanks for paying for shipping. Have a good day and godbless. Ill buy it soon so dont get on your toes to much :D

even better dude!

Whats your favorite color?

Whats your favorite color?

Why?

Green Maby.

My PC's theme is blue and black tho.

Why?

Green Maby.

My PC's theme is blue and black tho.

You will see.