Gaming Headset Recommendations?

Y R I

My Tritton AX 720 headset is about to die because of a poor design decision on the cable. What are some good quality gaming headsets that are durable and are around $50-$100?

I also do not want the headset controller in the middle of the cable because this is why my Trittons are going bad.

My PC

• CPU: i7 2600k @4.5GHz
  • Cooler: Corsair H100
  • GPU: EVGA GTX 580 SC
  • PSU: Corsair AX-850w
  • Motherboard: ASUS P67 Sabertooth
  • HDD: WD 1TB Black Caviar
  • RAM: Corsair 8GB Dominator
  • Case: Corsair 600T White Edition
  • Monitors: ASUS 23.6" 1920x1080
  • Mouse: Microsoft Sidewinder
  • Keyboard: Razor Blackwidow Ultimate

Well if Linus is around he'll most likely recommend the Steelseries 7H. I'm ordering a set for myself after trying out a buddy's for a bit. I found them super comfy and the sound was great. They are just a little over $100 at NCIX and if you really want the USB version, it's just under $100 at Amazon. Links for both options are below but if mods don't approve then by all means remove them.

NCIX

http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=54...s&promoid=1360

Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/SteelSeries-Gaming-Headset-Virtual-Surround/dp/B0038W0OIK/

all the headphones on this list are really nice and if you need a mic for gaming or whatever just grab a Zalman ZM-MIC 1 clip on mic. Buying the headphones and the mic separately is always the better option, unless you want to use them for xbox or ps3.

post-2566-136678615607_thumb.png

I'm not sure if I want to get the 7H because of the majority of customer reviews say that the build quality isn't really good, but the majority of reviews say that the 7H has very good sound quality. And I don't want to to use separate devices to do the same thing; I am not doing any recording, so I don't really need a separate mic and headphone.

I also ran across this headset for $60 and it looks durable, but I am not sure about this one either because it uses an USB connection.

http://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-GameCom-780-Surround-Headset/dp/B006ZS5ATM/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=Q397N7GETXIJ&coliid=IENG1VK7KPDWI&psc=1

My PC

• CPU: i7 2600k @4.5GHz
  • Cooler: Corsair H100
  • GPU: EVGA GTX 580 SC
  • PSU: Corsair AX-850w
  • Motherboard: ASUS P67 Sabertooth
  • HDD: WD 1TB Black Caviar
  • RAM: Corsair 8GB Dominator
  • Case: Corsair 600T White Edition
  • Monitors: ASUS 23.6" 1920x1080
  • Mouse: Microsoft Sidewinder
  • Keyboard: Razor Blackwidow Ultimate

Your best bet for audio quality both recording and hearing is definitely a separate audiophile headphone and a decent clip on mic. It can be a lot cheaper, allows for much better customization, and you get a full rich sound by not using the "gaming" label which increases the lows and can make mids sound muddy.

If you wanted to be creative, you can clip the mic to the headphones and sleeve the two cables together essentially making your own much better sounding headset.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

I myself have the Genius CAVIMANUS HS-G700V :) spent 60€ on it and they are perfect for me... the volume control is directly on the left ear-piece, they have a blue led on the sides and have slight vibrations corresponding to bass (can be turned off). Love them :)

SteelSeries 7H / SteelSeries Siberia's V2 both of them are just astonishing!

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 -