Anyone ever find a way to return 970 because of Vram issue

MrJimmyPenguin

Has anyone found out how to get a full refund for your 970, as I have 2 Gigabyte G1 970s and now with the 980ti out (even though I been trying) I'd like to get my full refund of both my cards purchased from Canada Computers as I would have $1100 as I paied just over $550 CAD for each card. Just to be clear I do have problems with the Vram issue causeing studdering and slower proformace. 

edit -

even maybe add the extra 250 and get a titan X

A lot of people did, yes. Explain to the retailer that you're unsatisfied with the perfomance of the cards due to said "issue" and be persistent when it comes to getting your money back or store credit.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

3.5gb of vram is completely wrong. The card still has 4gb of vram...

I hope you read my whole point. 3.5Gb at full speed and the last .5GB 1/7 the speed which is slower

slower proformace. 

dat proformance...

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

A lot of people did, yes. Explain to the retailer that you're unsatisfied with the perfomance of the cards due to said "issue" and be persistent when it comes to getting your money back or store credit.

Do I go right to Canada Computers for this or Gigabyte

I'm not really sure that you will be able to return them at this point. How long have you had them and such?

Worst case would be that you had to sell them at a bit of a loss.

And out of curiosity. Are you playing in surround or something?

I'm not really sure that you will be able to return them at this point. How long have you had them and such?

Worst case would be that you had to sell them at a bit of a loss.

And out of curiosity. Are you playing in surround or something?

just 1920x1080 and I had the first card about a month after launch. 

Wouldn't see why you would be able to get a refund this far in. Seems like you just want the newer graphics card..

I've been trying as soon as I heard about the news but I just havnt been able to get a refund.

I hope you read my whole point. 3.5Gb at full speed and the last .5GB 1/7 the speed which is slower

Some cards don't slow down at 3.5, some slow down at 3.3, and some go all the way to 3.8... Mine I've had use 3.6 so far without stuttering... My Strix did as soon as it passed 3.5... :(

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

if you just bought it then RMA it

i7-5820K | ASUS X99-A | Corsair DDR4 LPX 16 GB | MSI GTX 970 Gaming | Corsair 750D | WD Black 1 TB | MX100 256 GB | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 Watt | ASUS VG248QE | Corsair H105 | K70 MX blues non-RGB | M95 | H1500 | Windows 8.1 64-bit

I have a single 970 and have no issue at all with the vram running at 1080p. (I even have a 2nd monitor that is 1050p running off it too!)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I have a single 970 and have no issue at all with the vram running at 1080p. (I even have a 2nd monitor that is 1050p running off it too!)

I have 3 monitors each of 1920x1080 but I only play on one, and I can't max out some games without a lot of studdering.

Some cards don't slow down at 3.5, some slow down at 3.3, and some go all the way to 3.8... Mine I've had use 3.6 so far without stuttering... My Strix did as soon as it passed 3.5... :(

but you know about this card though. and heard the news? that was everywhere a good time ago

If that's the case. Then I really don't think that you are able return them to the store. Not after you've had them for 2/3 of a year. I would just try to sell them off as a smaller loss.

And again, I'm curious. Do you think that micro-stutter could be due to SLI and not vRAM?

Edit: And please use the multiquote feature.

If that's the case. Then I really don't think that you are able return them to the store. Not after you've had them for 2/3 of a year. I would just try to sell them off as a smaller loss.

And again, I'm curious. Do you think that micro-stutter could be due to SLI and not vRAM?

I've tried disabling sli and even before I had the sli I had the studder if I used too much Vram

I was thinking the same thing. I was running a single 680 until recently and had no performance issues at 1080p. And most certainly using one monitor at 1080p you WILL NOT get into the limits of your Vram...

using the asus gpu tweak and msi after burner to check vram usage and I've maxed them out in both GTA 5. BeamNG and some other games where I notice the studder

There is no ground on which you can get a refund. The card is as advertised, as it does contain 4gb of vram. By the way, for 1080p, if you're having stuttering the problem PROBABLY lies elsewhere. Still, try lowering anti-aliasing a bit, there isn't a big visual difference and it tanks performance.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

using the asus gpu tweak and msi after burner to check vram usage and I've maxed them out in both GTA 5. BeamNG and some other games where I notice the studder

You could just turn down the AA or such until you don't get studdering for now.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

There is no ground on which you can get a refund. The card is as advertised, as it does contain 4gb of vram. By the way, for 1080p, if you're having stuttering the problem PROBABLY lies elsewhere. Still, try lowering anti-aliasing a bit, there isn't a big visual difference and it tanks performance.

There is ground on which I want a refund as it was not stated that the Vram was not made equal and is impacting my enjoyment

Has anyone found out how to get a full refund for your 970, as I have 2 Gigabyte G1 970s and now with the 980ti out (even though I been trying) I'd like to get my full refund of both my cards purchased from Canada Computers as I would have $1100 as I paied just over $550 CAD for each card. Just to be clear I do have problems with the Vram issue causeing studdering and slower proformace. 

edit -

even maybe add the extra 250 and get a titan X

Yeah I'm fairly sure you're shit out of luck. You waited WAY TOO LONG to get a refund.

Many retailers were accepting refunds for store credit right after the whole 970 VRAM issue happened. Even some NVIDIA partners were directly accepting refunds for those who were unable to get one through their chosen retailer.

You should have contacted with Canada Computers and Gigabytes respective customer service lines.

At this point, simply too much time has passed, and it would seem like you're just abusing the issue to get a spanky new 980 Ti. They would objectively look at the situation and say "If he really cared about the 970 issue, he would have gotten a refund months ago".

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

You could just turn down the AA or such until you don't get studdering for now.

I guess I'll have to although I'm already running it mostly OFF or 2x