Gaming mice?

runningoec

I am looking for a new mouse. I play mainly FPS games. I have 60-70 dollar budget which is pretty limiting I know. If you have any other questions about my habits feel free to ask.

I believe the corsair M60 is a good choice.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

I am looking for a new mouse. I play mainly FPS games. I have 60-70 dollar budget which is pretty limiting I know. If you have any other questions about my habits feel free to ask.

What type of grip do you use? Would you want some extra buttons aside from the standard 5? Toggle DPI switch?

maybe take a look at a G9x? they are super cheap now and are really nice to play with in my opinion. I've used it on a bunch of surfaces with no issues (worked fine on wood).

System : Intel Core i7 4770k | Gigabyte Z87x-ud3h | AMD Radeon HD 7970 | 8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum | Corsair H100i | Seasonic Platinum SS-860XP2 860W | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | 2 x WD 1TB greens | Fractal Define R4     ||     Laptop : 15 Inch Macbook Pro retina with dedicated graphics

Audio : Cambridge Azur 351a | Paradigm Monitor Atoms | Audio Technica ATH-M50s  ||  Camera : Sony NEX-7 | Sony Zeiss 16-70mm F4 | Minolta 70-210 F4

What type of grip do you use? Would you want some extra buttons aside from the standard 5? Toggle DPI switch?

Right now I just use a matte black RAT 3 mouse on a wooden desk. I am always open to more buttons just not an outrageous RPG mouse. DPI switch is nice but I can live without it.

maybe take a look at a G9x? they are super cheap now and are really nice to play with in my opinion. I've used it on a bunch of surfaces with no issues (worked fine on wood).
To me the G9x looks really small for my bear hands.

hmm fair enough, I would say its an average sized mouse from my experiences. not sure if that means anything though haha

System : Intel Core i7 4770k | Gigabyte Z87x-ud3h | AMD Radeon HD 7970 | 8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum | Corsair H100i | Seasonic Platinum SS-860XP2 860W | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | 2 x WD 1TB greens | Fractal Define R4     ||     Laptop : 15 Inch Macbook Pro retina with dedicated graphics

Audio : Cambridge Azur 351a | Paradigm Monitor Atoms | Audio Technica ATH-M50s  ||  Camera : Sony NEX-7 | Sony Zeiss 16-70mm F4 | Minolta 70-210 F4

Does your R.A.T. 3 happen to be the optical version? If so, you actually have the best mouse sensor for FPS that's going.

Otherwise...

G400

Razer Deathadder

Roccat Savu

Zowie AM

Zowie EC1 Evo

CM Storm Recon

...These are the best mice for FPS.

Corsair M60, I really like it, looks and feels quality

Coolermaster HAF 912 advanced | i5 3570k @ 4.2ghz | MSI gtx 660ti pe oc | Gygabite z77x-d3h | 8GB g.skill ripjaws| Samsung 830 ssd  | Seasonic m12II 620w

Corsair M45 mouse | Corsair K65 Keyboard | LG 27EA33V 27' ips| 

•  

If you're on a budget get the CM storm recon it's one of the best gaming mouses on the market