Does the Razer Chroma feels weird to you ?

LapX

Hello, I am using a Logitech G710+ with Cherry Mx Browns, they feel really good. I tried out my friend's Razer Blackwidow Ultimate with what I think is the Kayle equivalent of Cherry Mx Blues, they felt even better (probably because I like the sound so much, I still wouldn't trade keyboards tough). Then I tried my friend's Razer Blackwidow Chroma (don't know if it's the stealth version, probably isn't) and they keys felt so heavy and unsatisfying ! It was amazingly brutally inferior to what I am used to.

I want to know if anyone tried it, if it also feels weird to you. 

Simple curiosity.

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

Hello, I am using a Logitech G710+ with Cherry Mx Browns, they feel really good. I tried out my friend's Razer Blackwidow Ultimate with what I think is the Kayle equivalent of Cherry Mx Blues, they felt even better (probably because I like the sound so much, I still wouldn't trade keyboards tough). Then I tried my friend's Razer Blackwidow Chroma (don't know if it's the stealth version, probably isn't) and they keys felt so heavy and unsatisfying ! It was amazingly brutally inferior to what I am used to.

I want to know if anyone tried it, if it also feels weird to you. 

Simple curiosity.

yeah at bestbuy the chroma's switches were a bit stiffer than my bw ultimate 2014

yeah at bestbuy the chroma's switches were a bit stiffer than my bw ultimate 2014

So I am not the only one then, any idea why ?

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

The Blackwidow Ultimate may have Cherry switches on them. you can pull a keycap off and check the switch.

If the Chroma was the stealth version, it wouldn't make a clicky sound.

EDIT: I have a K65 RGB and a Blackwidow Chroma. The Blackwidow's switches are the Razer Greens (MX Blue counterpart) and they feel fine.

So I am not the only one then, any idea why ?

i think they're quietly trying to improve their switches in newer models, but its not working i guess lmao.

i think they're quietly trying to improve their switches in newer models, but its not working i guess lmao.

Maybe it's the shorter travel distance.