Zotac Gtx 960 or Sapphire r9 270x toxic?

Facug0

(SNIP) Im not going to get into a  argument here. I know what the card does and don't do. It is overclockable in some ways . Just not as open to a overclock like other cards.

960 is awesome and IMO its as good as the 280X just the 280 is not as good in ALOT of aspects as the 960. Have a better 1. -_-

Also the 4gig versions are well worth it also. Enjoy either way you go and have fun regardless what people think they know and don't on here :D

Gonna cuffem and stuffem. QUE QUE QUE. I love it I love it. :P

i7 4790K, Asus Z97 Sabertooth S, Crutial M.2 120gig, 32 Gig Corsair Dominators, Corsair h100i, Seagate ST750XL, 2 X MSI R9 290X Lightning's, Corsair air 540 

I own 2 MSI 960's on this tower I am talking to you with. Shall I show you test Sights and forums where MSI afterburner wont Overclock and have stated time and time again that the 960 will not overclock? I will be so happy too if you like ^_^ .. And yes I would love to be stoned atm :D

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/evga-super-super-clocked-gtx-960,review-33153-4.html

http://techreport.com/review/27806/five-geforce-gtx-960-cards-overclocked/2

But can it play Minesweeper?

PC and Peripherals:

Intel Core i3 4150 @3.5GHz - ASRock H97M Anniversary - Kingston Fury HyperX Black 8GB DDR3 @1866MHz - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 G1 Gaming 2GB GDDR5 - EVGA 500W 80+ Certified - WD Caviar Blue 1TB - WD Caviar Blue 160GB - Lian Li PC-50 - Linux Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS - Acer P221w 21.5" 1680x1050 60Hz - Kingston Fury HyperX Clouds - Razer Deathadder 3.5G - CM Storm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues

OP, it depends on your needs.

Are you willing to sacrifice a couple fps for better power efficiency and and silence? If so, then get a 960. (I can't recommend that specific model due to the fact that I haven't used it.)

If your PSU can handle it, and you're ok with higher temps and worse power efficiency then go with the 280x. I believe it sells for the same price at TigerDirect.

PC and Peripherals:

Intel Core i3 4150 @3.5GHz - ASRock H97M Anniversary - Kingston Fury HyperX Black 8GB DDR3 @1866MHz - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 G1 Gaming 2GB GDDR5 - EVGA 500W 80+ Certified - WD Caviar Blue 1TB - WD Caviar Blue 160GB - Lian Li PC-50 - Linux Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS - Acer P221w 21.5" 1680x1050 60Hz - Kingston Fury HyperX Clouds - Razer Deathadder 3.5G - CM Storm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues

(SNIP) Im not going to get into a  argument here. I know what the card does and don't do. It is overclockable in some ways . Just not as open to a overclock like other cards.

960 is awesome and IMO its as good as the 280X just the 280 is not as good in ALOT of aspects as the 960. Have a better 1. -_-

Stock clock is about 1,100mhz.  Some people, including this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdjwgqkynFw

gets it up to 1,500mhz.

For the performance difference, there isn't much of a price difference in the UK.

Not disagreeing just helping out

In the netherlands, the 280X Double Dissipation is 250+ euro, the MSI 960 Gaming is 217 euro.

Given the mostly negligible performance difference overall (so over ALL games), the lower thermals/noise, newer architecture, better drivers/features, the 960 makes for a compelling card here.

Unless you really need that small extra performance at all costs, or need the 3GB, the 960 (for the netherlands) is the better option.

I'd certainly not recommend the 280X without someone specifically having those requirements. Hence I ask for the requirements first...

i7 4790K, Asus Z97 Sabertooth S, Crutial M.2 120gig, 32 Gig Corsair Dominators, Corsair h100i, Seagate ST750XL, 2 X MSI R9 290X Lightning's, Corsair air 540 

So, after spending quite some time reading your comments and the different benchamarks, I've decided to go with the GTX 960 :) thanks all of you guys

(Nvidia vs amd war is so funny, but don't forget the fact that we shouldn't hate eachother, hate console peasants :D )

So, after spending quite some time reading your comments and the different benchamarks, I've decided to go with the GTX 960 :) thanks all of you guys

(Nvidia vs amd war is so funny, but don't forget the fact that we shouldn't hate eachother, hate console peasants :D )

Don't degrade discussions or normal conversations into childish fanboyism/bickering, or the people on this forum that still enjoy playing on consoles. Not unless you want to be helped again in the future. Just because some people infuse trollposts into these discussions every time, doesn't make us all raving idiots.

Don't degrade discussions or normal conversations into childish fanboyism/bickering, or the people on this forum that still enjoy playing on consoles. Not unless you want to be helped again in the future. Just because some people infuse trollposts into these discussions every time, doesn't make us all raving idiots.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!! Even for raging irish that think they know everything. LOL

Did you?

yea I did. 200hrz isn't a overclock . Its like a 960 and 960ti ... (if they did make 1 and I don't think they did) Difference.. Witch means JACK and only to the people that care about number crunching and not gaming experience.. Have a nice day over there on your Island. ;)

yea I did. 200hrz isn't a overclock . Its like a 960 and 960ti ... (if they did make 1 and I don't think they did) Difference.. Witch means JACK and only to the people that care about number crunching and not gaming experience.. Have a nice day over there on your Island. ;)

Omg you're serious.

You hurt my brain.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!! Even for raging irish that think they know everything. LOL

Coming from the guy who thinks you can't overclock a 960 then claims that 200mhz isn't an overclock. LMAO

I also own 2 MSI 290x Lightning's also. Um yea.... Look them up there brain hurt boy. :D ... Have a nice day ;)

I also own 2 MSI 290x Lightning's also. Um yea.... Look them up there brain hurt boy. :D ... Have a nice day ;)

What the fuck does that have to do with anything?

You said you cannot over clock a 960, I then showed you that many times it had been done and suddenly 200mhz isn't an over clock?

Now you're throwing around the fact you have 2 290x lightning's?

1. You can over clock the shit out of the 960

2. I don't care about your cards

3. Stop making my brain hurt plz

What the fuck does that have to do with anything?

You said you cannot over clock a 960, I then showed you that many times it had been done and suddenly 200mhz isn't an over clock?

Now you're throwing around the fact you have 2 290x lightning's?

1. You can over clock the shit out of the 960

2. I don't care about your cards

3. Stop making my brain hurt plz

1) you actually need to have a brain

2)Do you actually own a 960? And if so what are your bench marks

3)and if not you really need to STFU and let the people that own and know what the products do talk and give opinions instead of trying to talk someone down. :mellow: