25 ms

alphabeta

is 25 ms really bad for gaming ? and if it's what does 25ms (5ms GTG ) mean ?

25 is pretty big, where did you find that number.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

is 25 ms is really bad for gaming ? and if it's what does 25ms (5ms GTG ) mean ?

25ms is overall latency - probably from white to black or maybe that is including input latency

5ms GTG means grey to grey pixel response - how fast a pixel can change refresh if showing the same/similar colour grey

What monitor is it?

25 is quite high - thats like 1-2 frames per second loss

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Are we talking about monitors? If so, GTG means grey-to-grey

25 is pretty big, where did you find that number.

25ms is overall latency - probably from white to black or maybe that is including input latency

5ms GTG means grey to grey pixel response - how fast a pixel can change refresh if showing the same/similar colour grey

What monitor is it?

Are we talking about monitors? If so, GTG means grey-to-grey

**Cough Cough**

25ms is average for a tv. for competitive gaming like league of legends its pretty bad. but for single player games its fine. you wont notice unless you have used less in the past 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

What monitor is it?

25ms would be the black-to-white response time, 5ms would be the grey-to-grey response time. Neither one is latency :P

25ms is fairly normal for transitions which are not accelerated by voltage overdrive (like GTG), manufacturers just generally don't list them anymore because people who don't know what it means will say "that's reaaaaally bad" and won't buy the monitor.

;)

25ms is horrid by any standard. To put it in perspective, a 60Hz refresh rate REQUIRES no worse then a 16ms response time to display all 60 images per second without any delay. And the listed response time is typically a best case scenereo [Grey to Grey], as Response Time varies across the color spectrum.

You will get a ton of tearing across the screen. I have no doubt of that.

25ms is horrid by any standard. To put it in perspective, a 60Hz refresh rate REQUIRES no worse then a 16ms response time to display all 60 images per second without any delay. And the listed response time is typically a best case scenereo [Grey to Grey], as Response Time varies across the color spectrum.

You will get a ton of tearing across the screen. I have no doubt of that.

It's actually not. Like I said, it's a fairly standard amount for a worst case scenario transition. A pixel also does not have to complete a transition before the next frame, it's just not good for image quality if it happens a lot. But it's not uncommon at all for a worst case scenario. It also has absolutely nothing to do with tearing or delay. I will also note at this point that my U2415 is rated for a 19ms ISO response time (black to white) and the tearing is no worse than on any other display, nor is there a problem displaying 60Hz. The Eizo FG2421 has a worst case response time of over 40ms although it is rated at 4ms and averages near there.