Upgrading to Windows 10 Questions

I have windows 8.1 pro 64 bit and I just wanted to know if I will get windows 10 pro 64 bit when it gets released?

Also, should I update to windows 10 immediately after its release or would it be wiser to wait and see if their are going to be any problems/errors to prevent crashing and the loss of data? 

I have windows 8.1 pro 64 bit and I just wanted to know if I will get windows 10 pro 64 bit when it gets released?

Also, should I update to windows 10 immediately after its release or would it be wiser to wait and see if their are going to be any problems/errors to prevent crashing and the loss of data? 

You would get 64 bit. And yeah, i would wait at first and see what people say about it just to be safe.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

theres a chart what windows versions get what upgraded versions, i'll see if i can find it.

and i'm an archlinux, YAY brand new stuff kinda guy, but i'd suggest waiting around for a few months, because i've seen some stuff break pretty epicly with windows 8.

EDIT: http://static.businessinsider.com/image/556c95e9eab8eaef6bb5ebbd/image.jpg

Never adopt a windows based OS in the first 6 months... Guarenteed to have some huge issues / security problems to work out..

Not to mention driver support for anything thats even a bit old.

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

Yes, you will get 10 Pro x64

And the upgrade process will be pretty seamless and happen almost immediately after launch. I'm running windows 10 right now on my laptop from 2010 and there are 0 driver problems, You'll be more than fine to upgrade immediately.

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

1. Yes. 

2. You don't have backups? If not, absolutely not. In fact, I would recommend not turning your computer on until you do have backups. I'm not joking. There are a million things that can cause data loss, an official upgrade from microsoft is one of them, but very low on that list. 

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

I would reserve your spot now, everything we've heard sounds perfect, but I am going to wait a few days- a week of reading reviews before upgrading.

Never adopt a windows based OS in the first 6 months... Guarenteed to have some huge issues / security problems to work out..

Not to mention driver support for anything thats even a bit old.

From what I'm reading over at Microsoft, this is by far the very best advise.