NF-S12A vs NF-F12 in my 650d

Swedishgodkiller
Go to solution Solved by Kayn,

The NF-S12A is for air flow in the case. I would use that go move the air in your case out and use the NF-F12 on your radiator because that is optimized for radiators.

hey guys,

I was thinking of getting NF-S12A for the two top fans for exhaust and replacing the corsair fans on the h80i with NF-F12 located at rear mount. I just wanted to know should I just get 2 more nf-f12 for my exhaust at the top or NF-s12a? I dont really know the difference between the two so if you could explain. I want my system to be quite to so I would be using the low noise adapters.

The NF-S12A is for air flow in the case. I would use that go move the air in your case out and use the NF-F12 on your radiator because that is optimized for radiators.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

Well the NF-f12 don't need a low noise adpater since even at stock speeds it isnt audible. Not even the Nf-s12a need it. If you feel like its to noisy put on the blue or L.N adapter.

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K 4,6GHZ OC MB: MSI Mpower z77  RAM: Kingston Genesis 1600Mhz CL9 16GB

GPU: ASUS R9 290 Direct CUII  PSU: Corsair AX 860

Well the NF-f12 don't need a low noise adpater since even at stock speeds it isnt audible. Not even the Nf-s12a need it. If you feel like its to noisy put on the blue or L.N adapter.

That really good to know thanks for the insight that make me feel much better.

Just as said previously, NF-S12A fans are air flow optimized fans. I'd recommend NF-F12's for a radiator, because they are for static pressure.

Ok thank you so you would recommned using the NF-S12A for my two fan at the top of case for exhaust?

Ok thank you so you would recommned using the NF-S12A for my two fan at the top of case for exhaust?

Yes and I would even use NF-F12s for intakes since the static pressure will help pull in more air from the front and push more air past the drive cages.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

That really good to know thanks for the insight that make me feel much better.

Exactly