GPU discussions

CoolBeans

So I am getting a new PC and I was wondering if I should get 7950 Crossfire, 7970 (Considering AMD fixes micro stuttering), 760 SLI, or a 780 (10% chance of SLI in the future). What should I get and why?

What is your budget. Out of of all of those I would have to say a 780.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

I would say go with a 780. Single GPU setups run cooler, and are less power hungry. Anyway, a 780 beasts pretty much ANYTHING that is thrown at is which means SLI should not be needed for a very very long time.

EDIT: Even better if you are playing at 1440p because the 780 has 3GB VRAM.

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

700 maybe 800

yeah with that kind of budget I would go with a 780 or even save a little more to get a Titan because you can.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

The general rule is go with the best single gpu card you can buy in your budget. Then sli later. I have a 780 and it amazing ;)