keyboard and mouse stop working after windows boots

BattleaxeDawg

Works fine in bios once windows boots keyboard and mouse won't respond happened after I installed my new motherboard gigabyte sniper m5 pls help

Works fine in bios once windows boots keyboard and mouse won't respond happened after I installed my new motherboard gigabyte sniper m5 pls help

This sounds like a driver issue, if you have another mouse/keyboard you could install the correct drivers using that set and then use your current set.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Install the mobo's chipset drivers with another mouse/keyboard (like Kuzma said) if you have them, PS2 if possible.

System SpecCase: Cooler Master Elite 311 - Mobo: Asus Rampage III Extreme - CPU: Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.5 Ghz - Heatsink/Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 612, w/ Corsair SP120's - Ram: 16GB Of 1866 Corsair Vengeance - GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 660 Ti's In SLI @ 1015 Mhz - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB - SSD: OCZ Vertex 4 128GB - PSU: Coolmax 800W Semi Modular, 80+ Bronze - OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64.

Peripherals - Monitor: Acer G246HL (TN 24" 1080p LED 60Hz) - Keyboard: Corsair K70 - Mouse: ? - Mouse Mat: Razer Vespula - Headset: Asus Orion.

windows should auto install those remove current drivers and reboot. Windows should pick them up after that.

It should not be the chipset drivers i think.

Appelzaadje - the Insane

Intel i7-4770K - Maximus VI Formula - Corsair Dominator GT 1866mhz - R9 290X - Xonar DGX - Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb - 3X WD1001FALS - Raven RV01 - Iiyama B2409HDS 3x - Custom water loop - Windows 10 Pro - XFX tripple monitor stand - Steelseries 4HD - Logitech G9, G19, G35 and Z5500

windows should auto install those remove current drivers and reboot. Windows should pick them up after that.

It should not be the chipset drivers i think.

It can, Windows 8 didn't grab the proper 3rd party chipset drivers for me so certain devices were not working.  Simple fix was to download the chipset drivers from Gigabyte's site.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

It can, Windows 8 didn't grab the proper 3rd party chipset drivers for me so certain devices were not working.  Simple fix was to download the chipset drivers from Gigabyte's site.

Huh i have not yet had one install from windows that didnt pickup KB basic functions before i did drivers on anny kb. this stuff is just as basic as a USB drive or a DVD player all of witch are given basic functionality from windows without drivers = (same for example as 800x600 res screen) that always works :P

Appelzaadje - the Insane

Intel i7-4770K - Maximus VI Formula - Corsair Dominator GT 1866mhz - R9 290X - Xonar DGX - Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb - 3X WD1001FALS - Raven RV01 - Iiyama B2409HDS 3x - Custom water loop - Windows 10 Pro - XFX tripple monitor stand - Steelseries 4HD - Logitech G9, G19, G35 and Z5500

Huh i have not yet had one install from windows that didnt pickup KB basic functions before i did drivers on anny kb. this stuff is just as basic as a USB drive or a DVD player all of witch are given basic functionality from windows without drivers = (same for example as 800x600 res screen) that always works :P

If the keyboard is plugged into a usb port that is controlled by a 3rd party chipset then Windows might not auto install the drivers for the chipset so whatever is connected to it won't work, including keyboards. This is more common with 3rd party usb3 chipsets and windows 8.

If the keyboard is plugged into a usb port that is controlled by a 3rd party chipset then Windows might not auto install the drivers for the chipset so whatever is connected to it won't work, including keyboards. This is more common with 3rd party usb3 chipsets and windows 8.

i gues you mean the usb3 chips etc stuff like that ? cause there should always be a port that works i comenly avoid usb3 etc during installation

Appelzaadje - the Insane

i gues you mean the usb3 chips etc stuff like that ? cause there should always be a port that works i comenly avoid usb3 etc during installation

Yea that's what I'm talking about.  And yes there will always be a few usb ports that will work out of the box.

then i dont see anny issue here since KB etc havev no need for USB3 and it avoids problems when u reinstall and get frustrated your KB mouse wont work xD

Appelzaadje - the Insane