What actually happened?

ciprian97pop

So, I'm reading trough the forums and everywhere I see only people scared about their personal data being stolen from the internet, about conspirations and other bad things

Come on. You take way to serious. I'm not trying to offend any of you in any way, but I don't think that any of you knows some government secrets or something that we should be scared off. I know that protecting our personal informations and identity is a verry needed thing but some of us are taking it way to serious. I mean, there are other people that need to be concerned and to use vpn's and proxy switchers but, not you guys. I don't think that the gouvernment or the NSA will try to break your g+ or yahoo mail password.

You should be a litle bit more self confident because if you haven't done anything bad, you don't have to worry about conspirations and being watched, even if these two are some real threats that you need to consider :)

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

Pretty sure at least 10% of this forum goes and pirates software. That alone is enough to be scared when the govt is looking through your stuff.

Speak of the devil: this post just came up on the forum front page. What if you were for it and posted your support through your email?

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

I'm pretty sure that I'm spied on on the internet but I'm just cautious what I type. So far, so good...

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

Pretty sure at least 10% of this forum goes and pirates software. That alone is enough to be scared when the govt is looking through your stuff.

Speak of the devil: this post just came up on the forum front page. What if you were for it?

I think that a lot more persons pirate software but even the hackers(skidrow reloaded razor1911) have their own "fanbase" so they wouldn't add spyware in their work because they would become no one  and loose everything

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

I think that a lot more persons pirate software but even the hackers(skidrow reloaded razor1911) have their own "fanbase" so they wouldn't add spyware in their work because they would become no one  and loose everything

Yup, I was just giving a safe number. I know there's a bunch of people here who actually don't pirate software (I remember reading a forum post asking how many people here pirate). I myself being busy and all, don't pirate games anymore since I don't play often. So when I want a game, I buy it off steam now.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

-snip-

I mean, there are other people that need to be concerned and to use vpn's and proxy switchers but, not you guys. I don't think that the gouvernment or the NSA will try to break your g+ or yahoo mail password.

You should be a litle bit more self confident because if you haven't done anything bad, you don't have to worry about conspirations and being watched, even if these two are some real threats that you need to consider :)

This is a tech forum, and a decent amount of technology is pirating, hacking, ect. Now I am not saying that this forums condones this (which it doesn't) but a lot of the people who are heavily into tech (for example essentially anyone with an account here...) also tend to at least dabble in something not legal (even downloading a song from youtube, ect.) Not only that but the issue was that the NSA wasn't going after bad guys, they were doing just what you said, breaking into random things and taking information, for exmaple phone calls, random people were followed, not people doing illegal things, that is why it is bad. Sure I haven't done any illegal things, but that doesn't mean I want the NSA to know everything about me. 

Intel 3570K - MSI GTX 660Ti 3GB OC Edition - 16GB Corsair LP RAM - ASRock Extreme4 Motherboard - Corsair HX850 - Adata Premier Pro SP900 120GB SSD with Windows 7 - Seagate Barracuda 1TD HDD - Seagate Barracuda 500GB HDD - Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler - CM Storm Enforcer Case - Macbook Pro Early 2011 Laptop

Everything is tracked....

At the very least my ISP has everything I have been looking at...

So yes spying is going on, not by a human but a system.

I am not concerned about it though.

I'm getting a litle bit off topic but :

I think that some persons download pirated software for some reasons:

1. They would actually buy that software but they wouldn't pay that much for it. For example I wouldn't pay 30$ for sims 3 and then another 20-35$ per expansion pack 

2. They would pay for that software but they can't get it in stores or they can't pay online

If you want to get something cheaper, you can wait to pass 3-4 months then to buy it from second hand but that wouldn't work for a game because after you wait for it to release, I find it verry hard to wait another 3-4 months.

i once googled all the so called key phrases in one search and my internet went out and google didn't work for me for about 5 mins when i rebooted my router. however i have a fan plugged on so that masks the spying   

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

I'm getting a litle bit off topic but :

I think that some persons download pirated software for some reasons:

1. They would actually buy that software but they wouldn't pay that much for it. For example I wouldn't pay 30$ for sims 3 and then another 20-35$ per expansion pack 

2. They would pay for that software but they can't get it in stores or they can't pay online

If you want to get something cheaper, you can wait to pass 3-4 months then to buy it from second hand but that wouldn't work for a game because after you wait for it to release, I find it verry hard to wait another 3-4 months.

i'm number 2 cant get anything here and buying online is out of the question :(

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

i'm number 2 cant get anything here and buying online is out of the question :(

This is the problem that I have too

I'm all for privacy, freedom and all that, but wow you all sound like you have something to hide.  :wacko:

Speak of the devil: this post just came up on the forum front page. What if you were for it and posted your support through your email?

Streaming of any content isn't illegal where I live :)

I use the encrypted google search.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

I wouldn't be surprised if virtually everything is monitored, but I am not very concerned for my self as I don't really have anything to hide... But it all comes down to the old problem with "Who watches the watchmen?" Again I must say I am happy that I live in sweden and not in murica :)

Streaming of any content isn't illegal where I live :)

I use the encrypted google search.

It's always illegal. Even Sweden/Switzerland has a copyright law. It's just how much it's enforced. Here in Canada, I've never received one email nor have I heard from anyone who has from their ISP telling me they'll cut my internet if I don't stop. But in the US there are tons of horror stories like that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_sharing_in_Canada#Criticism

It's always illegal. Even Sweden/Switzerland has a copyright law. It's just how much it's enforced. Here in Canada, I've never received one email nor have I heard from anyone who has from their ISP telling me they'll cut my internet if I don't stop. But in the US there are tons of horror stories like that.

Downloading is technically illegal, but not pursued. Streaming is not illegal as it doesn't leave a permanent copy on a hard-drive.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Let me ask you this. Since you've done nothing bad and you're fine with the govt collecting info on you. how about i come over to your house and snoop through your belongings and credit records and publish them to the web just to see what you've been doing. Even though you've done nothing wrong.

TekSyndicate Forum Moderator: https://forum.teksyndicate.com/users/njm1112

5930K@4.3Ghz | 16GB 4x4 2133Mhz | r9-290 | 6TB Raid5 | 250GB 850Evo | 8.1pro | RM750

Downloading is technically illegal, but not pursued. Streaming is not illegal as it doesn't leave a permanent copy on a hard-drive.

If my hard drive is prone to crashing, does that count as not being permanent? :D

That doesn't even make sense? The illegality of pirating via downloading is that you didn't pay for the medium which you are getting, not that you have a copy of it (though that maybe be the same case). Therefore streaming would be the exact same thing.

That doesn't even make sense? The illegality of pirating via downloading is that you didn't pay for the medium which you are getting, not that you have a copy of it (though that maybe be the same case). Therefore streaming would be the exact same thing.

Hey, I didn't write the law :)

This is an incredibly childish belief, but whatever.

If someone wants your data, they're probably going to get it. That shipped sailed a long time ago. That being said, I find the whole "privacy is dead" arguments a useful go-to for those who lack the intellectual heft to understand what are basic tenants of computer technology and even simpler legal concepts. No one wants to think about what terrible things could happen to them, so they blithely satiate themselves under a mask of ignorance and brush the issue aside. I myself live comfortable knowing that mass surveillance programs like PRISM will fail. They always fail.

This is an incredibly childish belief, but whatever.

If someone wants your data, they're probably going to get it. That shipped sailed a long time ago. That being said, I find the whole "privacy is dead" arguments a useful go-to for those who lack the intellectual heft to understand what are basic tenants of computer technology and even simpler legal concepts. No one wants to think about what terrible things could happen to them, so they blithely satiate themselves under a mask of ignorance and brush the issue aside. I myself live comfortable knowing that mass surveillance programs like PRISM will fail. They always fail.

I'm afraid that both outcomes are equally as likely to happen. Just imagine. Day after day we (and by we, i mean we the people) knowingly tweet what we're eating at where we are. If society has grown more towards letting out what used to be private, public, then the govt will just use it to their advantage. I don't see either side winning since in my point of view, it's pretty much 50/50. I see more of a compromise that might happen. 

I'm afraid that both outcomes are equally as likely to happen. Just imagine. Day after day we (and by we, i mean we the people) knowingly tweet what we're eating at where we are. If society has grown more towards letting out what used to be private, public, then the govt will just use it to their advantage. I don't see either side winning since in my point of view, it's pretty much 50/50. I see more of a compromise that might happen. 

Billy makes that quite clear in this video. What can you learn about him by only following his phone numbers and calls?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_o2djiZOxyA

TekSyndicate Forum Moderator: https://forum.teksyndicate.com/users/njm1112

5930K@4.3Ghz | 16GB 4x4 2133Mhz | r9-290 | 6TB Raid5 | 250GB 850Evo | 8.1pro | RM750

I think ive always been a tin foil hat kind of person, Im not worried about it since I figure ive been spied on since I was a kid. Its not like im this number one priority target but I think its wrong that the worlds governments are doing this.