Usb Crashes my Pc?Whaaat?!

TheNeutraliser

Hello my problem is that when i plug in a usb , in the front case usb ports , the pc freeze for ever , i cant do anything only restart and its ok , the front usb ports works only when pc is off and coming back on again , help!

usb ports are 2.0 

my pc  : 

CPU - AMD Fx 8350 ,

PSU - Msi 1000watt (dont know exactly model type),

Motherboard - Asrock 990fx K1ller ,

Ram- 16 of Corsair Vengeance c8 ,

SSD - OCZ 250GB ,

CPU Cooler - H100i Liquid cooler by Corsair ,

Case - Zalman z11 plus ,

Gpu -  MSI RADEON R9 270X  2GB GDDR5

CPU: Intel i7 8700k    MB: Gigabyte Z390    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB     GPU: GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

Are you sure that there is not something wrong with your front two USB ports? Are they plugged in correctly?

Have you tried plugging the USB into the rear USB ports? Does it work then?

What is on the USB stick?

Downloading programs from CNet is not a good idea, as they will commonly include unwanted, and sometimes dangerous bloatware... The more you know.

Hello my problem is that when i plug in a usb , in the front case usb ports , the pc freeze for ever , i cant do anything only restart and its ok , the front usb ports works only when pc is off and coming back on again , help!

usb ports are 2.0 

my pc  : 

CPU - AMD Fx 8350 ,

PSU - Msi 1000watt (dont know exactly model type),

Motherboard - Asrock 990fx K1ller ,

Ram- 16 of Corsair Vengeance c8 ,

SSD - OCZ 250GB ,

CPU Cooler - H100i Liquid cooler by Corsair ,

Case - Zalman z11 plus ,

Gpu -  MSI RADEON R9 270X  2GB GDDR5

Reinstall your usb drivers.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Look , my motherboard got 2 slots for Usb couples, one is used for my h100i liquid cooler on other is for front panel ,so my problem is that every device i plug in the front panels it freeze's my pc , so i tried change the water cooler usb and front panel usb in motherboard then i tried again to plug in something into usb front panel ,and the same happend again , btw my case got 4 usb on front panel im using only 2 of them , the other two dont have spot in motherboard so i can use them , my second try was to take the second couple of the front panel i wasnt using and check if this couple works but the same happend again the pc freezed , so im a bit confused about what the problem is...

CPU: Intel i7 8700k    MB: Gigabyte Z390    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB     GPU: GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

this happens only to front panel usb ports , the ports in back of the case is ok 

Once I got a computer to bluescreen by rapidly inserting and removing a USB keyboard. Maybe if you do that it will reverse the damage.

don't actually do that I was kidding and am not responsible for any damage

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

Look , my motherboard got 2 slots for Usb couples, one is used for my h100i liquid cooler on other is for front panel ,so my problem is that every device i plug in the front panels it freeze's my pc , so i tried change the water cooler usb and front panel usb in motherboard then i tried again to plug in something into usb front panel ,and the same happend again , btw my case got 4 usb on front panel im using only 2 of them , the other two dont have spot in motherboard so i can use them , my second try was to take the second couple of the front panel i wasnt using and check if this couple works but the same happend again the pc freezed , so im a bit confused about what the problem is...

Check the power connections on your mobo, this could be caused if there is not enough power getting to the USB bus to power your mem stick.

What are your full system specs and PSU?

Check the power connections on your mobo, this could be caused if there is not enough power getting to the USB bus to power your mem stick.

What are your full system specs and PSU?

The OP said he has a MSI 1000 watt.

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

I did that once.  I got out of bed to plug in my phone to charge... but I also was charged and sent a bolt of lightning through my PC, crashing it.

The OP said he has a MSI 1000 watt.

Sorry missed that bit. 

I did that once.  I got out of bed to plug in my phone to charge... but I also was charged and sent a bolt of lightning through my PC, crashing it.

this happens to me when i plug everything in this usb ports

this happens to me when i plug everything in this usb ports

Does it freeze, then crash?  Maybe there is a short (Exposed metal causing an arc of electricity) somewhere.

it does not matter that he has a 1000 watt power supply, The motherboard is the limiting factor on the amount of amperage that is being sent to the USB power circuits. I have seen a popup message from windows that states " The current to your USB device has been exceeded" or something along those lines. I have never seen it just drop like a hammer but I suppose it is possible. Is it possible that you can power your water cooler from a separate or isolated power source? (other than the usb header?) This would aid in the determination of excessive draw from your H100i.  

Did I help you to fix your problem or at least did offer somewhat valuable advice? Consider giving my post a "informative" or "thumbs up".

SYSTEM 2: Modded G3 case with Gigabyte GA-G33M-S2L, Intel E8600 (O.C to 4.2GHz.), 4GB GSkill PC8500, Nvidia 8800GTS (512M), Cooling provided by Scythe Big Shrunkin, HDD 1 = OSX 10.9.5, HDD 2 = Windows 7 Pro X64. (Placed 3rd in MacMod  of the year 2012) (For info see:  http://insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285641-and-the-winner-for-macmod-of-2012-is/

LAPTOP: Inspiron 1720, Modded BIOS, X9000 Core 2 extreme OC'ed and undervolted to 3.4GHz (windows only) , 6GB DDR2 800, 8600M GT, 1920x1200 Glossy display, Sigmatel Audio, 2 Kingston HyperX 120GB drives (1 with Windows 7 x64 pro & 1 with OSX 10.9.5) X9000 Processor World Record Holder since 02/2013 on Geekbench 2 : http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/search?dir=desc&q=x9000&sort=score

Are all of your rear ports populated with something?

Did I help you to fix your problem or at least did offer somewhat valuable advice? Consider giving my post a "informative" or "thumbs up".

SYSTEM 2: Modded G3 case with Gigabyte GA-G33M-S2L, Intel E8600 (O.C to 4.2GHz.), 4GB GSkill PC8500, Nvidia 8800GTS (512M), Cooling provided by Scythe Big Shrunkin, HDD 1 = OSX 10.9.5, HDD 2 = Windows 7 Pro X64. (Placed 3rd in MacMod  of the year 2012) (For info see:  http://insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285641-and-the-winner-for-macmod-of-2012-is/

LAPTOP: Inspiron 1720, Modded BIOS, X9000 Core 2 extreme OC'ed and undervolted to 3.4GHz (windows only) , 6GB DDR2 800, 8600M GT, 1920x1200 Glossy display, Sigmatel Audio, 2 Kingston HyperX 120GB drives (1 with Windows 7 x64 pro & 1 with OSX 10.9.5) X9000 Processor World Record Holder since 02/2013 on Geekbench 2 : http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/search?dir=desc&q=x9000&sort=score

Are all of your rear ports populated with something?

ALL 2.0 are populated  the 3.0 i only use 2 of them

Looks like you are drawing a lot of power from your USB circuit. Unplug a few of the back port USB items and see if the problem happens .........

MSi don't make PSU's.

i searched for it and its a MS-TECH 950W