How do I know how much fans can I connect to my motherboard

Go to solution Solved by ThomasD,

Look in your motherboard manual.

It should list all the available fan headers and their locations.  Hopefully it also tells you the max current supported by each header - that is usually listed in amps/amperes.

You can connect multiple fans to each header (via splitter cables) but then need to look up the current rating for each fan.  The total current of the fans should not exceed the total capacity of the header.  For example, if a given fan draws 0.15 amps and the header's max rating is one amp then you should only connect a maximum of six of those fans to that header (6 * 0.15 = 0.9).

Pulling excess current will not harm the fans, but it can destroy your motherboard.

How do I know how much fans port do I have on my motherboard?

Thank you ^^

google it/count them

Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it. ~ Feynman 

count them?

google it/count them

I meant how do I know to what port do I connect the fans, because I have the sata ports etc. :)

3 pin/4pin its not hard

Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it. ~ Feynman 

It should list all the available fan headers and their locations.  Hopefully it also tells you the max current supported by each header - that is usually listed in amps/amperes.

You can connect multiple fans to each header (via splitter cables) but then need to look up the current rating for each fan.  The total current of the fans should not exceed the total capacity of the header.  For example, if a given fan draws 0.15 amps and the header's max rating is one amp then you should only connect a maximum of six of those fans to that header (6 * 0.15 = 0.9).

Pulling excess current will not harm the fans, but it can destroy your motherboard.

3 pin/4pin its not hard

Ok tnx guys,I think I'll know how to connect all of the fans now ^^