Halp. Need cross-platform keyboard.

Go to solution Solved by SageC,

Any full sized windows keyboard should work fine.

Here's the situation. My computer at work is an iMac with Windows 7 installed via Boot Camp(aka a clusterfuck,) and I periodically need to swap between OSs to access different programs. Most notably Solidworks on Win7 and Illustrator on iOS.

My problem is that the keyboard I have there is a compact design and missing the control pad, numpad, and half of the function row. Keys that I actually really need to get anything done.

When I started looking up cheap, good looking universal keyboards, I realized that I was in over my head and didn't know what I was asking for.

Solutions? Suggestions? Links to products or info? I get the feeling that I'm overthinking the issue or overlooking a simple fix.

N64 HTPC: [Completed]

Main PC: i7 4770k @ 4.2 Ghz | Be Quiet! Dark Rock TF | Asus Z87 Maximus VI Formula | G Skill Ripjaws X 16GB | Zotac GTX 1070 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Seagate 1TB Hybrid | Samsung 840 EVO 128GB | Corsair 1200i | Thermaltake Core P5

Here's the situation. My computer at work is an iMac with Windows 7 installed via Boot Camp(aka a clusterfuck,) and I periodically need to swap between OSs to access different programs. Most notably Solidworks on Win7 and Illustrator on *******************************************************OSX*******************************************************************************************

My problem is that the keyboard I have there is a compact design and missing the control pad, numpad, and half of the function row. Keys that I actually really need to get anything done.

When I started looking up cheap, good looking universal keyboards, I realized that I was in over my head and didn't know what I was asking for.

Solutions? Suggestions? Links to products or info? I get the feeling that I'm overthinking the issue or overlooking a simple fix.

The Windows key and space are the Spotlight buttons. About all you really need to know. 

Any keyboard that feels fine to type on is what you want. What is your budget? If it's about 80 USD or more, what mechanical keyswitch do you want? Check out the link in my sig for info on them.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Save up to get a mechanical keyboard would be my recommendation. They're very expensive, but if you type a lot they will pay for themselves. If you get one from a company like Razer or Corsair, you can program different keys for alternate functions on OSX and Windows. I use a Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition with my iMac.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460Motherboard: Asus Z97-A/USB 3.1Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GBStorage: A-Data Premier Pro SP900 128GBGPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC Video CardCase: Corsair SPEC-01 REDPower Supply: EVGA 600BNetworking Card: TP-Link TL-WDN4800Monitor: Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" MonitorKeyboard: Razer BlackWidow Tournament Edition (Cherry MX Blue) Mouse: Logitech G100s | Quote me and say "Dope Flamingo" if you actually read this. 

Aha, I was overthinking the shit out of it. I suspected this would be the case, but I just wasn't sure.

Save up to get a mechanical keyboard would be my recommendation. They're very expensive, but if you type a lot they will pay for themselves. If you get one from a company like Razer or Corsair, you can program different keys for alternate functions on OSX and Windows. I use a Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition with my iMac.

I actually don't type that much at work, I just need a delete key and I like Ctrl to be in the actual corner.

I actually don't type that much at work, I just need a delete key and I like Ctrl to be in the actual corner.

Got it.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460Motherboard: Asus Z97-A/USB 3.1Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GBStorage: A-Data Premier Pro SP900 128GBGPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC Video CardCase: Corsair SPEC-01 REDPower Supply: EVGA 600BNetworking Card: TP-Link TL-WDN4800Monitor: Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" MonitorKeyboard: Razer BlackWidow Tournament Edition (Cherry MX Blue) Mouse: Logitech G100s | Quote me and say "Dope Flamingo" if you actually read this.