New Router for Modern Home

Hey All!  I have a client and I need to recommend a good house family router that gives good speed for the money and good wifi (moderately sized house, 2 story's to my knowledge).  There speeds is around 25mb down and 10mb up.  Thank you in advance!

"45 ACP because shooting twice is silly!"

What's your budget? I'm currently using the R7000 from NETGEAR.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

budget?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

R7000, nothing in it's price range (at least consumer wise) beats it.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

How many clients will be connected at one time?  What type of devices will be connected? Budget? I did a lot of research on this subject not too long ago and have found that the ASUS RT-AC66U is the most reliable and maintains consistent speeds.  The Nighthawk by netgear has a tiny bit faster throughput but a lot of people tend to say that it needs to be rebooted once a week or so due to unresponsiveness. 

How many clients will be connected at one time?  What type of devices will be connected? Budget? I did a lot of research on this subject not too long ago and have found that the ASUS RT-AC66U is the most reliable and maintains consistent speeds.  The Nighthawk by netgear has a tiny bit faster throughput but a lot of people tend to say that it needs to be rebooted once a week or so due to unresponsiveness. 

Mine has been running for two months straight.(anecdotal)

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Mine has been running for two months straight.(anecdotal)

Are you running stock firmware?  Which version if so, I'm actually about to purchase a router in the next week, have been researching them for the past 2.  Would love to get the Nighthawk if it is indeed reliable. 

One of Asus' RT or AC Routers. There fantastic and with so many features (Like QoS) They are great and have a good range (I have the RT-N66U that covers my 3 story house great and give great speeds)

Ran by coffee

My appologies, the budget is around 150-200 dollars.  Its replacing an Apple Router. Ew.

"45 ACP because shooting twice is silly!"

Are you running stock firmware?  Which version if so, I'm actually about to purchase a router in the next week, have been researching them for the past 2.  Would love to get the Nighthawk if it is indeed reliable. 

Whatever version came with the router is running on it.

Current version is 1.0.3.68

My appologies, the budget is around 150-200 dollars.  Its replacing an Apple Router. Ew.

asus ac66u or ac68u

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile