Mechanical Keyboard Question

eman21790

So, I am deciding between red and brown switches, I like the idea of reds for easy actuation during gaming (I play LoL) but also The browns seem like they would be good for writing school assignments, etc. , so I would just like to know your guys opinions.

Thanks

Rest in Pepperoni

You're not going to get an advantage over someone in games, so just get what you're comfortable with.

I personally prefer browns as they have a tactile bump, I would recommend them, especially for typing as well. The actuation is fast as well

So, I am deciding between red and brown switches, I like the idea of reds for easy actuation during gaming (I play LoL) but also The browns seem like they would be good for writing school assignments, etc. , so I would just like to know your guys opinions.

Thanks

Check out the link in my sig for info on both.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

You're not going to get an advantage over someone in games, so just get what you're comfortable with.

Thanks for the response, I was thinking it would overall be easier to type because it is harder to mis-press a key with browns

Rest in Pepperoni

I love the way blues feel, but they are really noisy and it can get annoying after a while.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.3 GHz       GPU: MSI GTX 980                      Cooling: be quiet! Pure Rock                     OS: Windows 7            Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z

Motherboard: AsRock Z97 PRO4   PSU: Corsair 600W CX600M       Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate   SSD: Intel 120GB 520   Headset: HyperX Cloud II

RAM: 12GB Crucial Ballistix            Case: Corsair 750D                       Mouse: Logitech G502                         HDD: Seagate 1TB        Speakers: Audioengine A5+

Just go with whatever keyswitch you feel the most comfortable typing with. I would recommend you to the browns more than the reds since you are going to be typing with it a lot for school and tactile switches are favored for heavy typists. I wish you luck in finding a nice mechanical keyboard and I'm sure whatever keyboard you pick would be a good choice.

If this is your first mechanical board, I would personally suggest the browns. They're a great bridge switch if you're coming from rubber dome. If you're playing mobas you're probably not going to tell much of a difference between reds and browns, they're both a nice light switch. 

Current gaming build: Link to PcPartPicker

Buy a switch tester.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

imo, I feel like overall Browns are the better allrounder switch. I myself do find myself suffering from a couple more typos than usual on the Reds, but by no means is it bad for typing. Browns are a little harder to actuate and have the bump which is the reason why it's better for typing for me.

But the Reds are so damn smooth and feels awesome as well :)

Thanks

I have red and blue CM storm keyboards. I wasn't sure which one I wanted so I got both. I use the blues at work to type and the red at home for gaming. Typing on a red keyboard sucks imho but gaming is much better for FPS games. The blues aren't as great for fps games but I like them more for League of Legends over the reds. I have a razer orbweaver with blue switches that I use for league.