Death of technology magazines

linuxfan66

Are you a parody ThioJoe account?

If people are getting this information other ways, they're just going to have to innovate. What can a magazine with that much capital and resources do that the typical small tech blog or reviewer do? I don't know the answer, but I think if they're smart they can survive. They will certainly start to look different though.

Or are you the true Joe?

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

In the fast paced world of the internet. Tech on glossy paper is old news by the time the editor has shouted print it. The techie has to be willing to hunt the news and not wait for it to arrive.

Am I the only one that actually enjoys reading tech magazines? Seriously, sometimes I prefer them over online articles.

The big problem is generating fresh content that is relevant to the mags demographic without it being stepped all over by the 'Net. Notice the huge rise in the Tech YouTuber. Jay would be a columnist in PC Mag 10 years ago. Maybe one of the editors. Someone that is there month after month, and you buy the mag because of him. Now, it's far more dynamic, way more intense and far more current with excellent cross references while you consume the content. Hard to compete with that.

Funnily enough I was talking to 2 of my friends about this today and their consensus is that they don't read. Almost period and don't feel deprived. The fact that the ad supported publishing industry is failing apart doesn't bother them the slightest.

Sir William of Orange: Corsair 230T - Rebel Orange, 4690K, GA-97X SOC, 16gb Dom Plats 1866C9,  2 MX100 256gb, Seagate 2tb Desktop, EVGA Supernova 750-G2, Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3, DK 9008 keyboard, Pioneer BR drive. Yeah, on board graphics - deal with it!

Am I the only one that actually enjoys reading tech magazines? Seriously, sometimes I prefer them over online articles.

I prefer them over online. In fact i open old mags from time to time to read.

But online is free.

From what i understand Australian's hold onto printed media  such as mag's and dvd's / cd's compared to the rest of the world.

but it is becoming an old media even here

Its all about those volumetric clouds

My countries biggest gaming magazine called NAG recently announced they'll be going strictly digital which is not that big of a deal however they included this sweet disc with their magazines which included some nice gifts so that's what really bummed me out

I prefer them over online. In fact i open old mags from time to time to read.

But online is free.

You still pay for internet :P

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

my grandfather used to buy those magazines, maybe he still does once in a while

My countries biggest gaming magazine called NAG recently announced they'll be going strictly digital which is not that big of a deal however they included this sweet disc with their magazines which included some nice gifts so that's what really bummed me out

i know right, i got 1 movie ( good movies ) with each disc and other goodies.

its different world, because on internet you have to search for, but in mag you get presented what u dont even know.

like different games ( also free )

I really enjoyed playing S.W.I.N.E. like years back.