Need help on new CPU and Motherboard

I'm upgrading my PC with Cooler Master V750S Gold and Asus R9 290X soon After that ill save up some money to get a CPU and MB. I'm aiming for I5-4690K and Asus Z97-A. I'm not sure if that will be the best setup for me, because im working on a small game now, and in the future i will be using the pc for game dev, more than gaming. Do you guys think this is a good choice, or you have better suggestions for what will work best for me? Thanks everyone!

I'm upgrading my PC with Cooler Master V750S Gold and Asus R9 290X soon After that ill save up some money to get a CPU and MB. I'm aiming for I5-4690K and Asus Z97-A. I'm not sure if that will be the best setup for me, because im working on a small game now, and in the future i will be using the pc for game dev, more than gaming. Do you guys think this is a good choice, or you have better suggestions for what will work best for me? Thanks everyone!

Your processorselectionis great.. but if you want more performance get the i7 4790k

Also with the motherboard get this board

With dual lan ports, ultra M.2 and 12 phase power you are golden, ..

It also come with a lot of different features depending on what you wantfrom the board..

Usb 3.1 and type C

WIFI AC

Check it out here.. and the price to is great for the features given

http://m.newegg.com/ProductList?Keyword=asrock+z97+extreme6

A good compromise between i5 and i7 would be a Xeon E3-1231V3. You get hyperthreading like the i7's for cheaper. Bare in mind it is locked and doesn't have built in graphics though. However, it does have support for Turbo and ECC memory which may benefit you with workstation type tasks. 

Edit: You can also go with cheaper B85 motherboards to save some money. 

Your processorselectionis great.. but if you want more performance get the i7 4790k

Also with the motherboard get this board

With dual lan ports, ultra M.2 and 12 phase power you are golden, ..

It also come with a lot of different features depending on what you wantfrom the board..

Usb 3.1 and type C

WIFI AC

Check it out here.. and the price to is great for the features given

http://m.newegg.com/ProductList?Keyword=asrock+z97+extreme6

Link is not working. I will look up that CPU. Thank you!