MSI Afterburner showing incorrect GPU load

EmeraldFlame

I have had a problem with Afterburner for a while and ignored it, but it is starting to ignore me and I can't seem to figure it out. Maybe someone will have some insight into it.

I currently have 2 XFX 6950's in crossfire, WIndows 8.1 Pro x64, newest version of GPU drivers and Afterburner. On a fresh boot Afterburner reads everything fine. However, if I put the computer to sleep or lock my windows account, when I log back in it shows that the secondary card is at 100% usage, although Catalyst correctly shows the 0-1%. Temps are cool and fan is at a low speed, so I know it's just a false reading.

Anyone know how to fix the issue? I use afterburner to import data into rainmeter so it just annoys me when it throws my measurements way off.

• 2 months later...

I have had a problem with Afterburner for a while and ignored it, but it is starting to ignore me and I can't seem to figure it out. Maybe someone will have some insight into it.

I currently have 2 XFX 6950's in crossfire, WIndows 8.1 Pro x64, newest version of GPU drivers and Afterburner. On a fresh boot Afterburner reads everything fine. However, if I put the computer to sleep or lock my windows account, when I log back in it shows that the secondary card is at 100% usage, although Catalyst correctly shows the 0-1%. Temps are cool and fan is at a low speed, so I know it's just a false reading.

Anyone know how to fix the issue? I use afterburner to import data into rainmeter so it just annoys me when it throws my measurements way off.

I can't help but maybe send MSI an email. Sorry :(

I don't like 2D games...I just couldn't get into them.. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

This may sound stupid, but have you tried a re-install?

Try setting the config to default in afterburner.

This may sound stupid, but have you tried a re-install?

Try setting the config to default in afterburner.

I've done both multiple times. Sadly, still reading weird. Although I have noticed with some of the updates that Afterburner has gotten since I posted this, it happens significantly less, probably only 1/4th as often now.

I'll be moving to Windows 10 once it comes out, who knows, maybe a clean install of Windows and everything will fix the issue.