PSU Upgrading HELP!

Harrylujah

My Build:

Cooler Master Storm Case

XFX Pro 450w PSU

Nvidia Geforce 760 

Intel Core i7-3770K

Gigabyte H61MA-D2V motherboard

So here's my problem, I want to upgrade my psu since I recently upgraded my gpu from a 550ti to a 760, however this causes problems such as slow booting up time, and general overheating. But I don't know the first thing in what to look for in a new PSU, I'm looking for some advice in the steps I should take to ensure I get the best psu upgrade for my system and my money. My primary use of my PC is for gaming and my budget is around 100GBP. Please help me haha thanks. 

You want some reliable brand, one that is well-known.

You really don't need more than 600W

Your current psu is enough. What do you mean by general overheating ?

So here's my problem, I want to upgrade my psu since I recently upgraded my gpu from a 550ti to a 760, however this causes problems such as slow booting up time, and general overheating. But I don't know the first thing in what to look for in a new PSU, I'm looking for some advice in the steps I should take to ensure I get the best psu upgrade for my system and my money. My primary use of my PC is for gaming and my budget is around 100GBP. Please help me haha thanks. 

Your PSU should already be fine. PSU is not the cause of slow boot-up time or overheating of other components. 

"Rawr XD"

After reading the post again I have to say I read it wrong I thought you wanted to just upgrade your PSU for the GPU...

Yeah PSU shouldn't be causing those issues, check all your connections, ram and drives maybe you knocked something loose when you had the PC open.

Basically, when I upgraded my gpu from a Nvidia 550ti to a 760, the 760 needed twice as many pins as what the 550ti used to connect from the psu, so I got a splitter to plug into my 760 so it would work. Since doing this my pc seems to not have enough power to use the fans properly as it gets warm when playing games, and boot up time takes around 5 minutes. Therefore I assumed that there's not enough power in my build to power all the components and have decided to upgrade my psu. What have I done wrong haha?

Basically, when I upgraded my gpu from a Nvidia 550ti to a 760, the 760 needed twice as many pins as what the 550ti used to connect from the psu, so I got a splitter to plug into my 760 so it would work. Since doing this my pc seems to not have enough power to use the fans properly as it gets warm when playing games, and boot up time takes around 5 minutes. Therefore I assumed that there's not enough power in my build to power all the components and have decided to upgrade my psu. What have I done wrong haha?

The PC getting warmer is simply a side effect of the 760 putting out more heat then the 550Ti, so of course it'll be warmer with a more powerful GPU. Boot up times are also not affected by the PSU.

"Rawr XD"

The PC getting warmer is simply a side effect of the 760 putting out more heat then the 550Ti, so of course it'll be warmer with a more powerful GPU. Boot up times are also not affected by the PSU.

What's the reason for the sudden extended boot up time then since switching to a higher powered gpu?

What's the reason for the sudden extended boot up time then since switching to a higher powered gpu?

That I have no clue. I upgraded from a 7870 to a 970 with no noticeable effect on boot times O.o

"Rawr XD"