Where now?

MemeMaster

Hi,

I've just finished the Codeacademy HTML & CSS course and I really enjoyed it.

However, it only took me 2 days to finish and I know theres more to learn :

Where should I go to now? I don't want to go to lynda.com ...

Thanks to anyone that can help :)

- Harry

Spoiler

CPU: i7-5820k @ 4.4GHz Motherboard: Asus X99 Strix  Graphics Card: Gigabyte 980Ti G1 Gaming Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury 24GB (3x 8GB) Hard Drive: 1TB WD Green SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 250GB CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Power Supply: EVGA G2 850W Case: Corsair 400c Mouse: Logitech G502 Keyboard: Asus Strix (mx reds)  Monitor: BenQ XL2730Z 1440p@144hz OS: Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit Laptops: Lenovo Y50-70: i7-4720HQ - 16GB RAM - 256GB SSD - GTX 960m 4GB - MacBook Pro (Early 2016) 2,0GHz i5 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD Phone: iPhone 7+

University if you're really interested although it's always good to beef up on your knowledge base before you dive in to University. TheDigiCraft Youtube channel has some great videos on web design that you should take a look. 

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

If you have some knowledge already, try to make a website (doesn't have to be published, local on your computer is fine) and then try and challenge yourself to do things you may not know entirely and find out how to do it. Then make the website.

Its great for learning and when you've done it for a while you'll probably know a lot more than before and you'll be able to perfect your own code even more.

Spoiler

System:

i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz, MSI Z77A-G43, Dominator Platinum 1600MHz 16GB (2x8GB), EVGA GTX 980ti 6GB, CM HAF XM, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB + Some WD Red HDD, Corsair RM850 80+ Gold, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Windows 10 Pro 64bit

PCPP:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/znZqcf

if you learn how to program without programming you are doing it wrong.

program a website and test your skills. your challenges will teach you

Throughout the Codeacademy course I made my own website with everything i've learnt from the course :)

University if you're really interested although it's always good to beef up on your knowledge base before you dive in to University. TheDigiCraft Youtube channel has some great videos on web design that you should take a look. 

I'm only 14 :(

If you have some knowledge already, try to make a website (doesn't have to be published, local on your computer is fine) and then try and challenge yourself to do things you may not know entirely and find out how to do it. Then make the website.

Its great for learning and when you've done it for a while you'll probably know a lot more than before and you'll be able to perfect your own code even more.

Throughout the Codeacademy course I made my own website with everything i've learnt from the course :)

Just try making something. After I learnt some web development, I made a website for a school team that I was part of. The website wasn't very good, but I learnt a lot from it, and it gave me a the skills I needed that later allowed me to do more serious web development.

Try making a website to show off something that interests you.

Once you've made that site, learn some javascript, then use the HTML and CSS skills that you've built up from the previous site along with your javascript to make another site (either to replace the other one or for something else). Ideally, try to do something quite different with the site so that you develop different skills.

HTTP/2 203

I'm only 14 :(

Oh well you're lucky you have plentty of time to get to grips with web design you should try something they used to make me do at university. Find a simple but elegant website deconstruct it and try to duplicate it to the best of your abilities it's a great little task for helping the design side of your work. 

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

There's a lot you can do. You can work on improving your web design skills. You can learn to make mobile and responsive sites. You could learn JavaScript. You could learn a server side language.

What would you like to build?

There's a lot you can do. You can work on improving your web design skills. You can learn to make mobile and responsive sites. You could learn JavaScript. You could learn a server side language.

What would you like to build?

I want to try and improve my HTML and CSS before moving onto JScript

u can download those free website templates and see the code and try to use parts of it in ur own website

There are so many tutorials out there. Here's one of many.