GTX Titan Discussion

JujuShinobi

So we all know there is a new graphics card that is going to outperform even a 690. From what I heard, it has a score of X7107 from a benchmark. I would like to hear peoples thoughts on the card and such

Haven't really looked into the Titan but as the OP I think you should provide some references (aka links) as well.

Spoiler

Tantō

• Case: NZXT Switch 810
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Professional
  • Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z77
  • Central Processing Unit: Intel Ivy Bridge i7-3770K
  • Random-Access Memory: Corsair Vengeance 4x8 GB DDR3 1866 MHz
  • Graphics Processing Unit: Aorus GeForce 1080 Ti
  • Power Supply Unit: Corsair Professional Series AX750
  • Cooling: NZXT Kraken X52
  • Storage: AData S599 60GB + AData SU650 500GB + WDC Blue 1TB +AData SU800 1TB
  • Keyboard: CoolerMaster Masterkeys Pro S
  • Mouse: Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB + CoolerMaster Master RGB Hard Gaming Mousepad
  • Audio: Logitech 2.5 Speakers + Feenix Aria + Bose In-Ears
  • Monitors: 2x Acer Predator XB271HU
  • Thread Link
Spoiler

Shuko

• Device Model: Samsung S20+
  • Operating System: Android 10
  • Read-Only Memory: One UI  2.1
  • Kernel: Stock

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1264-overclocking-guides/'>My Intel Ivy Bridge Overclocking Guide

Links to help the OP:

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/GeForce-Titan-GK110-GTX690,20797.html

Which links:

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-titan-gtx-780-performance-surpasses-gtx-690/

Which links:

http://www.sweclockers.com/nyhet/16402-nvidia-gor-geforce-titan-med-kepler-gk110

(Note: Swedish)

:)

Apparently it's supposed to be a single GPU card. Now, obviously these are all leaked rumors, however even if they are off by a bit, that's still crazy. And it sort of makes sense at the same time.

If the GPU on this card is supposed to be based on the GPU's used in the Tesla series, which is for professional grade work and not gaming, then I would imagine it would be a pretty epic GPU ahead, at least technologically, of the current GTX 6XX series GPUs and so it should perform better as well.

The "leaked" price point is $899. That's also equally crazy. A single GPU card that performs better than a GTX 690 but costs ~$100 less? Epic, but crazy. It would make GTX 690's so obsolete. It would also be better for games as they wouldn't have to deal with the problems SLI brings.

Even if the rumors are moderately off, it'd still be a great card. Helk, 75% of the GTX 690's power on a single GPU would be lovely.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Everyone who reads this, bear in mind all this is rumor and speculation, nothing is actually confirmed. Oh and btw OP the rumored X7107 are actually supposed to be from a GTX 780 and if so...... holy shit AMD's got another thing coming.

​EDIT: I just read this from another thread and apparently those numbers are actually photoshopped. The guy said the spacing between the numbers was off. I'm still very excited to see how the new card performs against the 600 series.

Everyone who reads this' date=' bear in mind all this is rumor and speculation, nothing is actually confirmed. Oh and btw OP the rumored X7107 are actually supposed to be from a GTX 780 and if so...... holy shit AMD's got another thing coming. ​EDIT: I just read this from another thread and apparently those numbers are actually photoshopped. The guy said the spacing between the numbers was off. I'm still very excited to see how the new card performs against the 600 series.[/quote']

Yes that was me & yes the spacing is off, the photo was manipulated .

Still the card could just be as powerful as these "rumors" make it out to be.

The card should be released this month, so keep your eyes open everyone .

Very interesting for hardware/PC guys like us! Cant wait for Linus to get his hands on one of these bad boys and make a video on it :D!!

CPU: AMD FX 8120 @4.5Ghz - CPU cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M Watercooling - Mobo: Asus M5A97Pro - GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X Vapor-X @ 1200Mhz - Memory: Kingston Hyper X 16GBs DDR3 - Storage: Kingston SSD & Seagate Baracude HDD - PSU: Cooler Master V850W PSU- Case: Cooler Master Cosmost II

-- Build Log old PC (HAF XB): 'the Cube': http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/36288-the-cube-cooler-master-haf-xb/ --

I like single GPU for that reason I'm interested in this one. Good upgrade to my GTX680 if those scores are true. And for the folks with multiple cards in SLI or x-fire, you will always have issues with drivers not being optimized for all games and or utilizing the cards together in sync with microstuttering etc etc. In my experience ATI and Nvidia for about 5 years untill 3 years ago I have to say Nvidia is better on top of their drivers with SLI.

PS. Some very cool INDIE GAMES don't have SLI or X-fire support.

I saw the X7107 score, and i'm fairly certain it was fake. However the card is due for release in a little under 4 weeks, so don't have to wait long to find out!

would love to see this card in a bitfenix prodigy case lol

would love to see this card in a bitfenix prodigy case lol
I doubt it would fit without some modding.