Overclock Refresh rate of CRT Monitor

KingKeith55

I was wondering if anyone knows how to do what I said in the title. I want to boost my CRT monitor's refresh rate from 85hz to 120hz or something. I want to know if it is safe and how would I go about doing it?

Info:

This monitor is a IBM G96 monitor with a max resolution of 1600x1200, its a 19 inch monitor as well. If I run it at the 120hz or at least something higher than 85hz it will be at 1024x768. (For CS:GO. I use a lower resolution because its more comfortable for competitive gameplay)

I used this monitor since I was a really little kid and played PC games (I was like 3 years old).  And it also used to be owned property of Lockheed Martin? (There's a sticker on the side that says "LOCKHEED MARTIN OWNED PROPERTY" and small text below that says "LOCKHEED MARTIN - DO NOT REMOVE")

What input cable does it have? This can be used to calculate the theoretical max refresh rate.

Also, this is how you overclock it (assuming Nvidia)

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

I am using an AMD Graphics card.

It's IBM and its S-VGA (Super VGA) since it is from around 1999-2000.

AMD Catalyst says its VGA Monitor though.

• 3 years later...

Hello, i have the same " problem" with my shamrock crt monitor. It has 85hz and it has 15" inches viewable. I have 1360 p and i want to overclock the monitor on 2460p and forward. Also, i want to add RGB VGA cable. How to do that? Help!!!