Custom sleeving questions.

BrandonTheCat

So I've been looking into custom sleeving for a little bit, this seems like a thing Im going to do for my personal build.

Key: B (Black) - Gy (Grey) - Wh (White) - Gr (Green)

I plan to have B-B-B-B-B-Gy-Wh-Gr-Wh-Gy-B on the 24 Pin, B-Gy-Wh-Gr on the 8 pin CPU, and B-Wh-Gr or B-Gy-Gr for the 6 Pin Cards (I haven't decided yet)

All the other connectors like molex and sata power will get a white line and nothing else. they aren't very important 

Colour scheme? Black, silver, white with green accents. The graphic card and CPU cooler is configured with green LED's, so I might as well go with 1 line of green on each cable. I might tape or paint the power supply to make it white, but that isn't very annoying. 

Here are my questions. 

1. I'm removing custom sleeving from a kit from cablemod, and replacing it with new sleeved cables. (Buying the all out black and adding the other coloured sleeving to the respected colours of White, green, and grey. Possible?

2. If there is already connectors on the wire, then why do you have to remove the connector? Couldn't you just rip the sleeving off of the wire?

3. Lets say I rip the sleeving off. Can I reheat the newly applied sleeving onto the wire?

Thank you! I'll edit this post if I have any more questions. 

Edit: Cablemod released a custom cable Pre crimped and everything on performance PC's, Basically making this whole post useless. Thank you! http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalogsearch/result/index/?is_ajax=1&p=2&q=CM-MSW

Edited by BrandonTheCat

technically you can use our sleeved wires for your purposes - however some wires are merged with terminals which is why you wont be able to replace all of them - the current sleeved wires are designed for people that want to assemble their very own custom extensions.

Shortly we will be launching sleeved wires to customize CableMod Stock sets.