Computer made a burning smell during rendering

Solkia

/I was rendering a video when suddenly my computer started making a burning smell. I automatically turned everything off and unplugged everything, then opened it up to see if I could find the source

The smell was gone by the time I opened it, any idea what it might have been? I know the power supply can make that smell but don't know about other components

why do so many good cases only come in black and white

Probably that 430 watt PSU begging for mercy.  I would definitely spend some money to get something with a little more wattage, cause if that thing goes it could take your whole system with it.

Would be useful if you posted your specs here. 

Also, it's probably your PSU. I'd RMA it if you can, or just get another, better one

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Probably that 430 watt PSU begging for mercy.  I would definitely spend some money to get something with a little more wattage, cause if that thing goes it could take your whole system with it.

This made my day. Any building consisting of the lowest of the low AMD CPUS and GPUs minimum 550

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Would be useful if you posted your specs here. 

Also, it's probably your PSU. I'd RMA it if you can, or just get another, better one

My specs are on my profile

Thanks guys.

My specs are on my profile

Thanks guys.

it would be easier for people to help if you posted it here, some people may be on mobile and might be unable to see your specs

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

it would be easier for people to help if you posted it here, some people may be on mobile and might be unable to see your specs

ah, I have a generic cell phone so I don't know much about mobile

CX430M PSU

Sapphire Radeon HD 7770

Athlon X4 750k

8GB 1600 DDR3

2 harddrives

750K and 7770 are perfectly fine off a CX430M

"Rawr XD"

750K and 7770 are perfectly fine off a CX430M

I'm not saying 430 watts isn't enough to power that computer, but it is running pretty close to that power supply's limit, and that means it is going to get hot, and it is also going to degrade faster.  I dunno how old the computer is, but the PSU could be on its last legs, or it could just be faulty.  I still think the PSU is likely the culprit here.