Hello everyone,

I have been planning for this build for at least 6 months now. Thanks to many of Linus' videos, I learned a lot about hardware which helped me to choose these parts. It was alot of fun building this first PC despite my fear of breaking/receiving a broken part. I have overclocked the GPU to 1306MHz without increasing any voltages and the memory is running at 7494MHz (Don't want to fry it so I keep it low)! Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Please consider that the pictures are all spread out over this topic although due to their size... they are hard to miss! :P

Here are the parts:

Corsair 650D case arrived
H100i water cooler arrived
ASUS PB278Q 2560x1440 monitor arrived
Corsair AX760 PSU arrived
AVM 520E Powerline adapter SET arrived
Intel i5 4670K arrived
8GB Vengance Pro 1866MHz RAM arrived
ASUS MAXIMUS VI Hero arrived
Samsung 840 250GB SSD arrived
MSI GTX 770 Gaming arrived
Coolermaster 120mm Jet Flo fan arrived
Windows 8 arrived
24 pin and PCIe sleeved cables (red) arrived

The Build is COMPLETE! Please feel free to give me some feedback and your opinions.

Pictures

DgXIXcA.jpg

YR1ZAX2.jpg

95JmrZX.jpg

IVrIoMN.jpg

gk8i78H.jpg

LAwLlbZ.jpg

Krgx4CQ.jpg

pL7VObj.jpg

pOu9iQ9.jpg

6Po5Mnf.jpg

tei6V5h.jpg

JBYWBIm.jpg

This is my old setup. The GTX 460M just wouldn't cut it anymore so that's why I'm building a new PC
e9hug2o.jpg

Oh, and here's my cat! (For those who requested it)

LyWK8Ki.jpg

More images to come soon!
Please post a reply to let me hear your guys' opinion!

Case: 650D CPU: i5 4670K GPU: GTX 770 Gaming @1306MHz Motherboard: MAXIMUS VI Hero PSU: AX760 CPU Cooler: H100i RAM: 8GB Vengeance Pro @1866MHz Storage: 840 250GB SSD / 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14

I wanna see all te pics. 

Just everything

The pc

you

your cat

your other pc

your camera

everything

Nice looking build btw

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

I have to highly highly highly recommend the MSI gaming/lightning 770 as they have unlocked BIOS and WAY better power delivery system that allows for much better overclocking over any other brand nvidia card.

I have to highly highly highly recommend the MSI gaming/lightning 770 as they have unlocked BIOS and WAY better power delivery system that allows for much better overclocking over any other brand nvidia card.

Thanks for the recommendation but from my research I found that the ASUS card runs way cooler & quieter and the Lightning simply doesn't fit into my color scheme :(

Case: 650D CPU: i5 4670K GPU: GTX 770 Gaming @1306MHz Motherboard: MAXIMUS VI Hero PSU: AX760 CPU Cooler: H100i RAM: 8GB Vengeance Pro @1866MHz Storage: 840 250GB SSD / 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14

Thanks for the recommendation but from my research I found that the ASUS card runs way cooler & quieter and the Lightning simply doesn't fit into my color scheme :(

*cough* http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127741

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

The gaming runs hotter than the ASUS though as I mentioned while the lightning which has better cooling doesn't fit my red scheme :)

pics. whatever has arrived. and a cat.

Anything built with screws is meant to be disassembled.

The gaming runs hotter than the ASUS though as I mentioned while the lightning which has better cooling doesn't fit my red scheme :)

That one is red.  

and its not THAT much cooler tbh

I don't know what research you read but the twin frozr design has always been one of the best coolers there are. The 770 gaming has larger fans that are better designed (AKA propeller design) and it is 10$ cheaper. So Cheaper/faster/quieter, seems like a no brainer to me lol

I don't know what research you read but the twin frozr design has always been one of the best coolers there are. The 770 gaming has larger fans that are better designed (AKA propeller design) and it is 10$ cheaper. So Cheaper/faster/quieter, seems like a no brainer to me lol

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I'll do some more research until I decide between MSI and ASUS for my GPU :)

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I'll do some more research until I decide between MSI and ASUS for my GPU :)

Thanks for realizing you need to do more research and not being stubborn about it like A LOT of other people haha.

Thanks for realizing you need to do more research and not being stubborn about it like A LOT of other people haha.

Erm. I'm afraid my research led me to the same conclusion as before :(. The GTX 770 from ASUS runs 8 degrees cooler. I guess it's worth it especially with GPU boost 2.0?! OR is there anything else that puts the MSI in advantage?! :)      http://www.legitreviews.com/article/2202/13/

Erm. I'm afraid my research led me to the same conclusion as before :(. The GTX 770 from ASUS runs 8 degrees cooler. I guess it's worth it especially with GPU boost 2.0?! OR is there anything else that puts the MSI in advantage?! :)      http://www.legitreviews.com/article/2202/13/

Thank you for linking that and proving me right. That page obviously shows that the Asus is running its fan at 30% faster than the MSI card. The Asus card has it's fans at 2340rpm where as the MSI card has its fans at only 1320rpm. That means not only is the Asus card a hotter running card since it has its fans so high for the same load test as the MSI card but it is also WAY louder. I would also like to point out that the Asus card is at 79% TDP where as the MSI card is only at 68% TDP. This is a perfect example of the better power delivery system of the MSI card.

Clearly the better choice is the MSI gaming card.

Thank you for linking that and proving me right. That page obviously shows that the Asus is running its fan at 30% faster than the MSI card. The Asus card has it's fans at 2340rpm where as the MSI card has its fans at only 1320rpm. That means not only is the Asus card a hotter running card since it has its fans so high for the same load test as the MSI card but it is also WAY louder. I would also like to point out that the Asus card is at 79% TDP where as the MSI card is only at 68% TDP. This is a perfect example of the better power delivery system of the MSI card.

Clearly the better choice is the MSI gaming card.

Got it. Getting the MSI card :)

umm... asus DCII cards with ROG mobo support "VGA hotwire" which is over-volting the GPU core directly from the motherboard = overclocks more better and more faster (though it requires some cajigering)

and asus is generally BAWS...

but I have an MSI mobo :D

Ok,

all parts except the PSU arrive on Wednesday, the PSU comes on Thursday.

So here is an update of the PC. Hope you guys like it :). Will post some more pics later on!

mgQ8PRw.jpg

mgQ8PRw.jpg

pom5lWR.jpg

giUabmM.jpg

WSome8z.jpg

fKEP3gE.jpg

Please give me feedback!!! :)

Nice job i like it. Although it usually is better not to use extenders for the psu cables but still a good job!

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

Awesome build man, I'd keep working on the cable management as you can see it a lot behind the drive cages and top right of motherboard backplate but other than that this is a badass build and is going to perform like an absolute monster.

Edit* Take your Samsung SSD and put it right behind that little square/rectangle hole on the bottom right side of motherboard backplate with like velcro or something so that you can hide the cables going to it and still rep the Samsung SSD becuase you will be able to see the name through hole.

Will try to make as many high quality picutures with a canon 6D as soon as I can!

Try to straighten out the power cables running to the gfx card; it sort of looks tangled.

Also, if you mount the H100 rad with the tubes toward the front, it won't cover the logo. It might feel like it's a bit tight, but I've done it that way and it looks really great after.

Take shots with it powered on, the H100i logo color as red would make this build really gorgeous.

My Rig = i5 2500K @ 4.6Ghz | Asus P8P67 Pro | eVGA GTX980 SC | 16 Gb Corsair Vengeance @ 1600Mhz (4 x 4Gb) | SanDisk Extreme Pro 240GB | 2 x 1 TB Seagate Barracuda in Raid 1| Corsair TX750 V2 | Corsair 600T | Corsair H60 Push Pull with SP120s| Corsair K95 | Logitech G700 | Asus PA238Q | 2 x Samsung 226BW

Try to straighten out the power cables running to the gfx card; it sort of looks tangled.

Also, if you mount the H100 rad with the tubes toward the front, it won't cover the logo. It might feel like it's a bit tight, but I've done it that way and it looks really great after.

Take shots with it powered on, the H100i logo color as red would make this build really gorgeous.

I've got some really nice shots of the PC ready with the logo on. However even with a 1500 $ camera, it still doesn't get the color right. The logo looks yellow. And unfotunately I also can't change the orientation of the H100i since I have no thermal paste I could reapply :(! Thanks for the feedback :)