A Request - Unlocked i3

They do though. The 18 core Xeon is interesting (and something to drool over).

Soon they will release a Xeon with 28 cores @.@

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

Unlocked i3 will perform so well for pretty much all gaming-centered uses that nobody will buy the unlocked i5 anymore and Intel will lose money cause of this, so it's likely not going to happen any time soon.

"Rawr XD"

Unlocked i3 will perform so well for pretty much all gaming-centered uses that nobody will buy the unlocked i5 anymore and Intel will lose money cause of this, so it's likely not going to happen any time soon.

It would perform well, but then it's also not a true 'quad-core'. It may be similar, but in the end, it's still a dual core. Still, with hyperthreading, it would be interesting to see how it performs compared to the 4690K. Hence why I asked if someone with a 4790K could try this out and see what the results were in the more demanding AAA titles.

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

CPU | i7-4790k | GPU | Nvidia GTX Titan X | Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | Memory | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 G2 | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + Toshiba 3TB | Case | Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

CPU | i5-4690k | GPU | Zotac GTX 960 | Motherboard | ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac | Memory | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 GS | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + WD 1TB Blue 2.5" | Case | Silverstone Sugo SG13

If you want to join a group chat of like-minded techies, gaming, and all things dank, join our Discord group. Message me or get into contact with Galaxy. http://linustechtips.com/main/user/107351-gaiaxy/

AMD used to lock their CPUs too back before they were junk for gaming. I had use silver paint to unlock the multiplier on my Athlon XP.

Ha! Yes! Another one! I used to resort to this too.

:D

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

Those i5 chips aren't even overclocked a smidgen, it's not really a fair comparison.

You could overclock an FX-8350 to the point where it would be (similar) performance to a 4690K at stock. It would certainly be a better price-to-performance ratio, given the 4690K's considerable price premium over the 8350. But then the 4690K would have headroom over the 8350 in terms of raw performance. Such does the i5 have headroom over the i3 in that scenario.

I'd like to see a modern day comparison of an unlocked, overclocked i5 against an 'unlocked, overclocked i3' (i.e. 4790K with two cores chopped).

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

CPU | i7-4790k | GPU | Nvidia GTX Titan X | Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | Memory | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 G2 | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + Toshiba 3TB | Case | Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

CPU | i5-4690k | GPU | Zotac GTX 960 | Motherboard | ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac | Memory | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 GS | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + WD 1TB Blue 2.5" | Case | Silverstone Sugo SG13

If you want to join a group chat of like-minded techies, gaming, and all things dank, join our Discord group. Message me or get into contact with Galaxy. http://linustechtips.com/main/user/107351-gaiaxy/

Those i5 chips aren't even overclocked a smidgen, it's not really a fair comparison.

You could overclock an FX-8350 to the point where it would be (similar) performance to a 4690K at stock. It would certainly be a better price-to-performance ratio, given the 4690K's considerable price premium over the 8350. But then the 4690K would have headroom over the 8350 in terms of raw performance. Such does the i5 have headroom over the i3 in that scenario.

I'd like to see a modern day comparison of an unlocked, overclocked i5 against an 'unlocked, overclocked i3' (i.e. 4790K with two cores chopped).

the 4690k already smashes the fx 8350 in any gaming benchmark on the planet at stock ... you could overclock the FX to 5Ghz and its still not a match for the i5 at stock

the 4690k already smashes the fx 8350 in any gaming benchmark on the planet at stock ... you could overclock the FX to 5Ghz and its still not a match for the i5 at stock

I didn't want to say it does because I've never owned the 8350 in my extensive time of PC building! Of a mere 4 months. xD

But I have got an FX-6300 which is what my PC was originally built as, and my 4690K I've got in my rig now absolutely destroys it. I'm seeing a 10-15 fps increase on Dying Light with virtually no frame dips.

#IntelMasterRace

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler